• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Battle scars

blaisey

Mama Doe
While trying to do a bum check on Flopsie (we've only had him a week and he isn't used to being handled yet) He gave me a nasty scratch on my hand. Little git looked quite pleased with himself afterwards lol

Whats the worst injury your bunnies have ever given you?

Aw bless im:D- I don't suppose I'd be too happy arriving at a new home n someone looking at my bum :lol::lol::lol:lol I'm sure he'll get used to you in time.Have fun _Sue:wave:

I agree. I must be a little akward for him. :lol: :lol:
But 'cha gotta do what'cha gotta do. :D

My worst injury, is recent. I haven't gotten too many scratches in a while, but today, Morgan gave me a couple small, painfull scratches. She nibbled on my pants, and frightened me, along with the sting. Maybe my legs are too cushy. :roll: :)

Awww how naughty.

Oscar nips me all the time, he is very naughty.

When the Benjamin was just a young bunny he used to bite me all the time for no reason, other than it was fun for him :roll:. He used to bite my back when i was sat... and he once bit my thumb and I had a hole in the middle of my thumb for weeks. It really hurt.

Try giving your bunny treats before and after picking him up so he associates bum checks with a reward. Are there any pics of the little guy?

:lol: Calel. He bit my wrist & held on. He got my vein (so it bled enough to hit the ceiling), & I could feel my hand swelling up while he was still attached. Then my hand swiched off - that was quite scary, cos I knew there was damage.

I had stitches, x-rays (to check the tendon) & was on anti-biotics for 6 weeks.

That was 2 years ago. For a long time I had no feeling in my thumb - now the pad of my thumb is back to normal, but the back is weird - I can tell when I'm touching it, but it's like touching through a shoe or something:lol: It sometimes tingles, which was really irritating, but I'm used to it now.

I've had it looked at once since the initial A&E visit - permanent nerve damage. The tingling apparently means it might grow back:D I have 2 tiny scars - one is horse shoe shaped like his mouth & it quite pretty:lol:

While trying to do a bum check on Flopsie (we've only had him a week and he isn't used to being handled yet) He gave me a nasty scratch on my hand. Little git looked quite pleased with himself afterwards lol

Rabbits on the whole don't feel safe with their feet off the floor, especially if you lift them up to your level. Specially as yours is a new bun.
Suggest next time, you kneel on floor and put bun on your 'lap', as they will feel somewhat more secure if they are only inches off the floor, and might not scrabble about so much...
Hope the injury gets better soon :)
Most bunny owners have scratches on bits of their anatomy, ... sometimes in some wierd places :oops:

Back