• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Traveling.Please help!!

bunbun155

New Kit
I have a 9 month old Netherland Dwarf and I am wary of bringing her on a plane. I am in school and need to go home for winter break but do not know what to do with my rabbit. I read somewhere that if your rabbit is afraid of the vacuum then they will most likely hate flying. Will anything happen to her if worst comes to worst and I had to take her. Boarding over the holidays cam eout to be $125 a week! yikes.
Thanks for any help!
Bianca

:wave: How long is the journey (i.e. where are you going from/to)? How long will you be home for? What would you keep your bun in if you took her back home in a carrier on the plane? Where does she live at the moment - you have a bunny at your school? Sorry for all the further questions - but it will help with thinking about an answer!

will they allow a rabbit on the plane in with you-otherwise will she be put in a hold with other pets -dogs etc?_sue:wave:

Back