• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

litter train question.

bunlover

Warren Veteran
hi as you all know while stitch the bun is looking for a home he is living with me as a foster.... now this ahs been fine he isnt yet neutered im waiting till i have the money mid month and i know that will help but up until today he has used his litter tray for his wee and most of his poops with just a few poops left lying around the house which i can quickly remove...no probs.. however tonight he decided to wee a puddle not spray mind right in the middle of the living room luckily i only have laminate but i wondered why would he suddenly do this? he has been here nearly a month i guess now and is around 2/3years old.

Has there been any change in his environment? like any one added into his world? Any chance of cystitis? How old is he, if he is adolescent it may just be territory marking in a lazy way, as opposed to enthusiastic spraying.

he is the one eyed rabbit who is nearly blind in other eye nope nothing new im afraid as thought hard about that i let him outside today in the garden for first day in about 3 days cuz of weather outside he could see and smell my 2 buns but iv not had a problem before when done the same thing.

had a full health check last week for his eye and vhd jab so isnt cystitus his wee looks normal eating pooping all ok... he just decided to wee in the living room!!! my boyf was not impressed with him he(stitch) is back in his penned area at moment as i cleaned the floor with disinfectant and dont want him trampling in it till its dry.(6x4ft area) hmm naughty bunster i think. maybe i just didnt clean his litter tray quick enough for him i usually do it in afternoon but did it later tonight?his way of protesting maybe?

might be a territorial thing as hes seen the buns, even though they are not near he has smelt them just a thought

might be a territorial thing as hes seen the buns, even though they are not near he has smelt them just a thought

i gues so? who knows he is an odd bunny he thinks he is a puppy with his ways..... hopefully this will be a one off and not the start of something else tom is not going to be so happy with me!!!! still at least its not carpet! will see how he goes and see what transpires with him. hopefully if it is the start of a bad habit he will lose it after his nueter fingers crossed. x

Back