• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big day tomorrow

lauraocal

Warren Scout
Tomorrow my little bunny is getting spayed and I'm starting to feel nervous about it.
Can someone please assure me I'm doing the right thing?

You are definitely doing the right thing. It helps prevent cancer. Don't worry the vets know what they are doing. I was the same when I had Honey done. Hope it goes all right. :)

You're definately doing the right thing. Think of it as saving her from a horrible painful death through uterine cancer. Ive had 2 females spayed & I know how nervous you feel now. My little boy was neutered a few weeks ago but I knew I had a good vet & could trust him. Ive decided to make sure my next (& last bun) is speyed before I get her, that way I wont have to go through the stress. Good luck to you & your bun tomorrow

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys, I appreciate it. :thumb:
This is going to sound really stupid but i swear my rabbit knows something is happening .. she has stayed away from me all day, and she is such a loving bunny, I'm wondering if she senses it?
I'm being daft now.. cant sleep.. cant stop thinking about it...

will let you know how it goes tomorrow

sending <<good vibes>> for your bun.
What is her name?
How old is she?

Try to get on with the practical things like making her temporary indoor area nice and snuggly with shredded paper(I don't mean newspaper - I mean the bags of white pet bedding from the vets or pet shops), as she won't be allowed hay or straw to lie on for the first couple of days (in case it sticks n her wound and causes infection).
. Get the towels all nice n soft and clean for her to lie on. Make sure you have enough to change over when necessary.
Buy some herbs or treats to encourage her to eat afterwards.

Have a look at threads about speying(spaying) on here to make sure you are gen'd up on what to expect. Most buns are fine. Make sure she's given a painkiller before she comes home-(metacam is the usual one), and a gut stimulant. She will probably be quiet and subdued but bear in mind the anaesthetic is still in her a bit for 24hrs. Check on her regularly. I slept overnight on the settee with mine in a hutch in the lounge(though I didn't do much sleeping ). Try not to worry-it will all be over n she will be back to normal very soon.
You are doing the right thing, as uterine cancer is awful for them. Sue:wave:

aw your doing the right thing, i was so worried bout petal too but she really surprised me how well she recovered, she alot more mellow and everything. just keep her warm and plenty of treats. good luck. she'll be fine. :wave::love:

You are SO doing the right thing!!! It helps prevent cancer and an all round healthier rabbit. Don't worry the vets know what they are doing. :) Keep us updated!! :wave:

((GOOD VIBES TO YOUR BUN!!))

My rabbit is a house bunny so I dont use bedding at all. She has a cat bed but only really uses it to go to the toilet if anything.
I have a post op care sheet which says she will be given enough painkiller to last 24 hours but didnt mention a gut stimulant, just that i should try to get her to eat.
I always thought she was skittish at best but after watching her shaking and making noises through her nose like she just did was awful.
I feel so guilty for putting her through this.
I asked them to give her the myxo jab while she is under to save her the distress of it.
Thanks for the bunny vibes.. really need them today.

Back