• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

out of control situation...OMG

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
just had a guy phone saying he has 10 baby buns to rehome:shock::cry: he then said both does have just had another litter:shock: and the male has only just been removed:shock: so i guess 4 weeks time another 2 litters are arriving:cry::cry: he bought 3 females from a petshop and in actual fact it was 1 male 2 females, im collecting the 10 babies on saturday afternoon and ive persuaded him to let me have dad aswell to be castrated which he will pay for but unfortunately it looks like the damage has been done, :cry: looks like we are going to have alot of babies in over winter:?

Oh man. What a nightmare.

Babies coming out of everywhere. Poor you and poor those does, like little breeding machines.

caroline if you want me to look after any of the bunnies until they are to be rehomed im willing to. When they are old enough.

Contact the pet shop and ask how they are going to help with this situation they have helped cause :? If they refuse make a complaint to the council.

Would it not be better to do emergency spays on the females:D

I'm not sure how that would work when they already have feeding kits because that was my first thought. If a foster mum could be found that has kits the same age that would be feasible, but otherwise it probably wouldn't be ok because obviously the kits need food.

Contact the pet shop and ask how they are going to help with this situation they have helped cause :? If they refuse make a complaint to the council.

alot of pet shops will say that they cannot 100% guarentee the sex of the rabbits unfortunately, and who is to say that the breeder who the pet shop got them off sexed them right. Unfortunately I can't see the Council doing anything with a complaint about sexing rabbits wrong. It is always situations like this that make rescues pay the price unfortunately:roll:

the does are feeding babies at the moment so i dont think they can be emergency speyed T hank you to the offers of foster homes offers will be taken up once they are here

Didn't realise she was still feeding so no they can't be spayed unfortunately:roll:

alot of pet shops will say that they cannot 100% guarentee the sex of the rabbits unfortunately, and who is to say that the breeder who the pet shop got them off sexed them right. Unfortunately I can't see the Council doing anything with a complaint about sexing rabbits wrong. It is always situations like this that make rescues pay the price unfortunately:roll:

Have heard several stories of pets at home helping out when they've got it wrong, so it's definately worth taking it up with them. The council may or may not do anything, but the more people complain the more chance of action.

Have heard several stories of pets at home helping out when they've got it wrong, so it's definately worth taking it up with them. The council may or may not do anything, but the more people complain the more chance of action.

I know someone who bought from P@H adoption centre & babies were born a couple of days later. P@H offered to sell the babies for them:roll:

Oh how awful. You really cannot trust pet shops to sex bunnies properly. Shame you couldn't claim some sort of money off the pet shop for the up keep of the bunnies.

Back