• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do people always think you have loads of free time...

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
...just because you have lots of pets?

Friends always think I should work around their timetable because I must spend my days just cuddling rabbits (Yeah right...I wish!!! :roll: ) whilst they've got much more important things to do.

Does anyone else find that they get treated like this or is it just me?

no but they do wonder why i have to pop home to feed or clean out buns or why i have brought a bereved rabbit with me to their house for company rather than leave her at home...(luckily they just accept im a bit mad) and why i have hosepipe to stop stitch niblinng the wires....lol they are very accepting freinds but they know i work hard(have full time job as well as pets) but think i worry to much!! oh and think its a bit strange i let my hasmters out for a run each night even though in proportion the hamsters cage to their sizes are bigger than my own living accomodation!!!Lol

in saying that a freind at work came to me with a bag of raisons yesterday..i looked at her quizzically she said..oh i dont like them in my cereal so i picked them out thought your hams and buns might like them!!!! lol!!!!!

in saying that a freind at work came to me with a bag of raisons yesterday..i looked at her quizzically she said..oh i dont like them in my cereal so i picked them out thought your hams and buns might like them!!!! lol!!!!!

Aww, that's really sweet :D

People think the same with me. but really its the opposite because most my time goes to pets :lol:

I am signed off sick and people think I just sit around all day (which I used to do) and don't realise that actually my rabbits are a very positive influence giving me structure, routine, and actually to a place where I might be able to work again because they take up that amount of time.

One friend in particular is always moaning that I don't know how bad her life is because she's got 2 kids to look after...but she doesn't work, dumps the kids on her retired mum most days, has a husband with a really well paid job, and spends most of her free time at the gym or having massages and facials, etc....now I'm sure having kids is no walk in the park, but I wish I had half as much free time as her!!!! :lol:

Back