• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola is a Netto bird!

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.!
I used to buy Lola just normal hay from the supermarket and she thrived well on it. I treat her to some Timothy Hay and she ate it but did not seem bothered and her consumption went down. I bought her some nornal "pet hay" from Morrisons tonight for £1.25 and she is in heaven! She is rolling about in it - binkying around her cage and romping thorugh the hay loving it!

I did read on the web somewhere that buns thrive better on the cheaper brands of hay - dont know how true this is - but she is loving her cheapo brand and is currently rolling about in it and is heaven whilst the Timothy hay stayed there for day - I know hay is a vital source of main food for buns so I am going to stick to the cheap stuff!

I had the same problem, generally expensive rabbit forage and timothy hay is left - but bog standard pet shop hay is devoured !! Saying that, mine prefers grass above anything else.

I bought some more expensive hay for Frank last week and to be honest, it wasn't a patch on the one I get out of Morrisons. It was coarse, brown and didn't smell fresh where the Morrisons one is always green, smells lovely and fresh and is soft and fluffy. In fact it's only downfall is it tends to be dusty. All the other I bought is fit for is bedding and litter tray topping.

I'm tempted to pick up a bag of the Graze On one manufactured by the people who do Megazorb if I ever get round to going to the equestrian supply shop. Has anybody tried it?

well mine dont realy go for the timnothy hay or the pah hay or the tesco hay.... they like the wilko stuff as bedding but my oh my thier favourite is the farm meadow hay £6 for a humoungous bag! so i love tehm for that!!! lol

I bought some more expensive hay for Frank last week and to be honest, it wasn't a patch on the one I get out of Morrisons. It was coarse, brown and didn't smell fresh where the Morrisons one is always green, smells lovely and fresh and is soft and fluffy. In fact it's only downfall is it tends to be dusty. All the other I bought is fit for is bedding and litter tray topping.

I'm tempted to pick up a bag of the Graze On one manufactured by the people who do Megazorb if I ever get round to going to the equestrian supply shop. Has anybody tried it?

Thats the one I got - the Morrisons one! £1.25 a bag - and she loves the stuff, she has been rolling about in it and her cage is a right mess but she is scoffing the stuff like mad!

She didnt touch the Timothy one which was about £4 a bag.

Back