• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have finally plucked up courage to...

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
...ask the council for a second dustbin for my rabbit waste. I know that sounds daft but I'd convinced myself that if I ask for another bin the council will come back with some obscure 'rabbit tax' or something ( :lol: ). Hopefully I'll hear something back soon

Good luck.

I'm lucky at the moment my neighbour lets me use her bin too as she doesn't have much rubbish. Don't know what I will do if she ever moves.

We asked and got refused.............
So ssssssh what we do is on rubbish day when everyones bin is out we pop any left over bags in there hahahaa :lol:

Were getting a bin from OH's mums though, ours is full and we have another week before its emptied.

:evil: i asked our council and they said you only get one bun....you can qualify for a bigger bin if theres more than 6 of in the property..mm but pets dont count.
then i said why cant pet waste like bunnies hammies etc be added to the garden waste bag scheme.id gladly pay my yearly licence fee for it but id biy a wheelie bin as the bag would be prone to vermin. they said..oh no..the risk of disease in animals in the compost it goes off to make....wtf?

ok maybe rats theyd have issues with..but bunny and piggy waste!!??

my mums compost bin got filed with rats..so now we both put bun waste in green bin..collection once a fortnight..ggggggrrrrrrrrr

im lucky i can squeeze a few bags in mums bin........but serioulsy why cant the council;s utilise vegetarian pets waste in composting?

Hope they let you have an extra bin... would be so unlikely round here, council are awful :evil: Im lucky at the moment, the house next door is empty so i use theirs :oops: :shock: xXx

or you could do whati do sometimes and put bags outside peoples houses, if it done first thing in the mornign whos to really know :lol: that dont have bags out i dont have wheelie bins in my road only the recycle box and bag

I put some of mine in the garden waste bin and just make sure that the top layer is garden waste hehehe. they would never give me another bin!

have finally plucked up the courage to.....

I was given an extra bin for my bunny waste:)then they took it away again:?:cry:was told that rabbit waste is "toxic" and not allowed in bins:shock:not even the green ones:cry::evil:have to take my waste to the tip now:cry::roll:

we still put bags out on the street.... great for bunny waste :lol::lol:

good luck with getting your new bin :D

If they refuse you, speak to your neighbours and ask them if you can dump the odd bin bag in theirs the night before collection if they have room. I can just see you toddling up the street lifting the bin lids to see if you can pop some rabbit poops in ;)

If they refuse you, speak to your neighbours and ask them if you can dump the odd bin bag in theirs the night before collection if they have room. I can just see you toddling up the street lifting the bin lids to see if you can pop some rabbit poops in ;)

I'm afraid I wait until my neighbours go to work then sneak bags in their bin :oops:

However I'm anticipating that over the Xmas period people will have more rubbish and possibly won't be going to work, so I really need to get something in place now.

The tip isn't an option either because they won't take any animal waste at all, and send you home with it :evil:

Say your bin has been stolen, if we say that we have to pay for another bin but if that means you get two bins so be it.

Saying this and you are talking to someone who has about 15 bags piled up :shock: and the hubby forgot to take them to work to take advantage of their skips before they got emptied yesterday. :roll: I only have a 140 litre bin as well for waste, double that for recylcing and the garden waste bins are not collected around here yet so we don't have one of those. We probably won't be 'allowed' to put in rabbit/piggie waste but with the grass cuttings on top who is too know.

Back