• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

opinions please .......elderly bun or lonely bun

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
please can you give me your opinions :D

took in a bunny on thursday who was paired with a guineapig, the owners kept the guineapig and got a baby pig to go with it and dumped the rabbit with a friend of mine:cry::cry:
since then the bunny has been really quiet, sleeping most of the time, not alot of interest in anything, not eating a great deal,
he,s been to the vets, teeth are fine cant find anything wrong
unsure of age, does this sound like an elderly rabbit or a lonely bunny
what do you think :?

Could be stressed, or pining. I would suspect being lonely because an old bun will generally act spritely and interested unless there is some reason not to.

Is this bun going to get a wifey bun?

ive tried him with a speyed girl and all hell broke loose and he ended up sitting in the bedroom bit all upset so ive bought him indoors im very worried about him:cry::cry:

Is it possible that you could have bloods done on him? I know its tough because your a rescue. We thought Daniel was just a really docile, quiet bunny who slept all day because that was him, but it turned out that we just never really knew him before illness started taking over him :(

sounds possibly lonely or in need of the right companion is likely a bit stressed with move maybe thats why it went wrong?

sleeping:roll: again bless him, ive got him in an indoor cage and the door is open but no interest in coming out :cry::cry:

Sleep is probably the best thing for him at the moment, he's been through a lot of stress poor boy. I'm sure he will have a little explore later when he feels more settled :)

definitely a lonely bun, I've seen that w/ my own bunny Minnie when her boyfriend Monty passed away. Rabbit can easily be psychologically stress and can die in this situation, you should get him a companion from any of the nearby rescue centers

Back