• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm getting the bunny cold shoulder!

TermiteFrank

Wise Old Thumper
Frank went to be neutered yesterday. It must have been bunny Tuesday or something as there were two gorgeous dwarf lops in for their myxi vaccs when I dropped him off and two others waiting when I picked him up.

Thank goodness everything seems to have gone okay, though I had to put wood shavings and hay in his litter tray because he wouldn't go peepee until I did. I'm a bit worried about it irritating his stitches, but far better than him holding it in and refusing to go on the newspaper. He's also had to go back in his kennel despite me wanting to keep him in for a few days as he was too unsettled by the smell of the dogs in unfamiliar surroundings (he's quite happy for them to be close when he is on his own territory outside). He seemed to have had a very comfortable night, but he's definitely not my friend! I never thought a little bunny could give you the withering glances and general disapproval that I've had from him today! I've tried to make amends by hand feeding all his favourite treats "Corriander... you won't get round me that easily... Parsley - well, I might be able to force a sprig down... Carrot - well okay but don't think I've forgiven you... Dandelion leaves - well if you insist I'll have a nibble, but you're going to have to do better than just 6."

He was a bit sore this morning, but much more lively this afternoon and I expect binkies tomorrow. I wonder if he'll have forgiven me by then? I doubt it as he's going to have to suffer the indignity of me turning him over for a look to see if everything is healing. I feel really guilty about having his furry plums removed, but it's for his own good so he doesn't have to be lonely.

Here he is last week when he was a bit happier with me because I was letting him prune the nasturtiums.

FrankNasturtiums.jpg

Back