• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baytril, whats the shelf life?

lotsofsmoggies

Mama Doe
I have some baytril left over from when Charlie's abcess had burst. When is it going to no good for anything? Not that I'm planning on using it any time soon but it would be handy to know how long it lasts.

My vet said it lasts quite a while - until it turns cloudy - hopefully that helps? Keep it cool rather than refrigerated...

Keep it refrigerated, & someone on here told me it only turns cloudy if you put something in it (like the syringe). So I experimented & kept the main bottle uncontaminated & poured some into a smaller bottle. It lasted a lot longer:D

Refrigerated? My vet said not :( I'll believe you though :) Interesting about the contamination thing....

It says cool place on box.

Was there a problem a while ago, with a bunny becoming ill when being administered a drug from the fridge? Did I dream this or can anyone recollect it?

If its the oral Baytril and is in the manufacturers Bottle, kept cool/out of direct light and sterile practice is adhered to when taking out a dose it should last for months. But if it has been dispensed into another container I would keep it refrigerated and would dispose of it after a maximum of 4 weeks

:)

Back