• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My poor Bella

louandjoe

Alpha Buck
My lovely girl has gone to the bridge :cry:

She was getting on so well after her problems last week, she had the all clear from the vets on Friday and had gone from strength to strength since then, eating lots and being generally very cheeky. Last night, she was the same, begging for food and attention.

This morning she was very quiet and not interested in her pellets, which is how she started a few weeks ago. We syringed some hot water and Infacol and gave some tummy rubs and booked an appointment at the vets for gut stimulant and pain relief this morning, but when I came back from work to collect her for the vets, she had already gone to the bridge :cry:

I feel awful, my judgement was way off and I should have taken her straight away this morning, and my poor girl was all on her own :cry::cry::cry:

She's gone to the vets who are arranging a PM so hopefully can get to the bottom of her dramatic weight loss and problems over the past few weeks. Binky free Bella Boo x

The vets have confirmed she had an inflamed and infected smaller intestine, and also had a blood clot on her neck which was not connected. Apparently the infected smaller intestine can only be diagnosed via a biopsy or post-mortem, but they are doing more tests to see if it in anyway poses a threat to my other buns.

They said she had a full stomach and her bowels were healthy, but the infection would account for why she has lost so much weight recently as her intestines were not processing the food she was eating properly.

The vet is sending the PM details to us, so will understand more then. I just hope my poor girl wasn't in a lot of pain and went to the bridge peacefully :cry: The house seems so quiet and empty without her hopping around :cry:

At least you have some answers now and know there was no way you could have known what was wrong and you did everything you can. I hope in time you will be able to take some comfort in that

They said she had a full stomach and her bowels were healthy, but the infection would account for why she has lost so much weight recently as her intestines were not processing the food she was eating properly.

Oh no :cry: This is so sad she has gone after coming back with such a vengence. I think it was with your love and care that she was spurred on to try and make it despite fighting a loosing battle, bless her x . She was a credit to the dedication you have for your animals. Unfortunately with things like this, with all the best care and will in the world there is nothing you can do:(. It did make me smile to read the above account of her having food in her belly and maybe it is a blessing to think she went quick rather than linger.

Remember she was a rescue, unwanted and unloved until she came to you. A short time of living it up at Lou and Joe's abode with human and rabbit companionship is a thousands times better than a lifetime of bordom and suffering in a hutch. Think of her fondly :love:

I am gutted for you, I really am x

Last edited:
Aww thank you Leanne, that's so nice. I'm just so glad we found her through Hilda and were able to spend this short time with her x

Back