• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lost all use of his back legs..

wiggle

Warren Scout
Went out to feed theo and blue(rescue bun only had him a few weeks)this morning and blue has lost total use of his backlegs he is just dragging them around behind him,he did seem a little stiff yesterday when he was out in the garden he was streching his back legs out alot but it never worried me....got him in at the vets soon,but just wondered if anyone had ever had this with there buns:(

With such a rapid onset a spinal injury/fracture is a possibility.
With EC related hind leg paresis the onset is often, but not always, more gradual. Info on EC can be found here

http://www.houserabbit.co.uk/resources/content/info-sheets/ecuniculi.htm

I would strongly advise you to confine Blue to a small area and keep him as immobile as possible just incase he has damaged his spine.

Please let us know how you get on at the Vets

Last edited:
Have put him in my small carrier so he cant move around alot:cry:

Well done :)

A heatpad of some sort (Snugglesafe/hot water bottle wrapped in a towel) would be helpful as if he is in pain (he may not be) then he will find it hard to maintain his body temperature.

Thanks everyone for your help,but sadly i had to have blue put to sleep he had brocken his pelvis in a couple of places and it would of been to stressfull and painfull for him to have it treated,iam very upset with myself for not taking him to get checked over sooner but he seemed fine when i put him away last night i just dont know how it happened:cry:

I thought a fracture seemed the likely cause :cry:
I am very sorry :cry:
Sometimes a Bun can sustain a fracture just by 'thumping' if they have osteoporosis

Binky Free Blue

xx

Last edited:
Back