• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peeing in run

Jennie Wright

Warren Scout
Hi, any ideas??? Issie and Crackle are both great at using their litter trays, they have one in their hutch and one in the run but as the weather has turned I now put hay on the floor of the run for them to burrow in and play in. Only problem is they are now peeing in the litter tray and in the run in the hay. I guess they are confused. Any ideas to stop this?

Thanks

Can you put the hay in a box of some sort for them to dig in and sort of use it as a litter tray as well? Mine have 3 litter trays. They use the one in the hutch as their main peeing/sleeping/eating one, and the others, one in the hutch and one in the run, to dig in and eat with only the occasional pee. They do pee wherever there is hay so I only ever put it in a litter tray or box though.Good luck!
x

Back