• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New to this whole bunny thing

blaisey

Mama Doe
Hi, I'm new to having a rabbit. I've had mine for a week now (he doesn't like me much)

I've been having a look about and everyone's bunnies look lovely :)

So, Hello :D

:wave: Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure people will help you with advice on how to make your bunny more friendly soon. You may want to start thinking about neutering once your bunny is old enough as that may help.

Hi

Ive had Charlie about eight weeks, I have to say he is the most laid back bunny I have ever met.

Princess on the other hand. Im sure she hates me, well, to begin with. Ive had her two weeks tomorrow. and she is just coming round to me. She like me more now I have found her favourite food , coriander!

How old is your bun? is it a rescue bun? Age can have an impact, esp when going through their teenage years( Ithink is 4 to 9 months) and is greatly reduced by neutering. Being a rescue bun also impacts on how bunny sees hoomans. If it has been mistreated, it will be nervous , but over time s/he will will come round with time persistence and kindness.

Also most buns don't like to be picked up, so your better getting down to thier level and sitting/lying on the floor.

I've had Flopsie a week today, he was 10 weeks when I got him, he's a Lionhead bunny. I've been reading a few of the threads in the Behaviours section and theres some really good advice, I'm glad this forum is here lol

I'll try get some pics up of him tonight, see what kind of mood he's in!

i've had binx for a month and i don't think theres a day that i havent been on RU everyone is lovely and they give the best advice :D

Hi I am new also! One of my bunnies that I sadly lost was like that when I first had him, once he had settled in and had lots of TLC he woudn't leave me alone!! He even used to follow me upstairs and get in my wardrobe for a snooze!:D

Back