• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Calling all headtilt bunnies-new website

The more that is available about head tilt, the better. The rescue that I volunteer at has a head tilt bunny, but because the vet is not rabbit savvy the bun is not getting the best care, and not even the right care, and its so sad. I'm hoping to foster her so she can see my vet and get some decent care.

I hope this site helps people, I know I will be keeping a close eye on it.

thats so sad for the bunny! it seems so common though and many vets put to sleep headtilt bunnies as they don't know enough about it! my bunny was ill for 6 weeks but with the right advice has now made a full recovery.
I hope you can foster the bunny and please do join the forum as the girl who runs it is amazing and gave me the right advice to save my bunny
good luck!

calling all head-tilt bunnies - new website.

I joined this group a few days ago:)havn't posted anything yet but having had several (at different times)head tilt bunnies i know that with treatment and TLC they can have a very good quailty of life:)

thats so sad for the bunny! it seems so common though and many vets put to sleep headtilt bunnies as they don't know enough about it! my bunny was ill for 6 weeks but with the right advice has now made a full recovery.
I hope you can foster the bunny and please do join the forum as the girl who runs it is amazing and gave me the right advice to save my bunny
good luck!

They are doing the very old fashioned thing of thinking automatically EC, they haven't done any anti bios or anything, and won't listen to me. Breaks my heart but she is on my 'to do' list, and I am determined to get her to my vets. I'm currently thinking zithromax as a starter and go from there. But shhhh, fosters are not supposed to see my vet because its not the one the centre use.

i used zithromax and it was amazing, after weeks of no or little improvement i turned to the zithromax and in just 2 days the change was quite remarkable! i hope you can give it ago.

Thanks for the vote of confidence on that one :D If anything happens I'll try and keep you uptodate.

As promised, after much careful thinking I pitched the idea to the rescue and provided my foster pair get on with the bun, she will come to mine to be in a trio, then hopefully she can have two doting friends and some good healthcare too :)

What causes head tilt? (I have seen it mentioned on the forum, (I did do a search but it was a bit mind boggling).

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction - what do I need to look for?

I took in a head tilt bun with her sister from my local rescue centre. Have had them for just over a year. They're lovely. The one with head tilt is a sweetie and her sister helps her. I know she wont get better as she has been like that for so long, but she has a great quality of life :wave: and she's such fun when she's out running on the lawn.

My message would be to always see what happens and not rule out the bun leading a long and happy life - even if they have to look at things sideways:lol:

B

I have a head tilt bunny, id be more than happy to share my experiences with anyone who i could help!

Ill have a look into the group and add in my tuppence worth :)

P.S. This is my first post with my new siggy - THANKS CHIPMUNK_K!!!!!!!!

Back