• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why would anybody want this bunny PTS?

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
M_08.jpg

M_09.jpg

M_20.jpg

This is Neville, who came to me a few weeks ago after his original owner took him to the vets to be PTS rather than pay to treat a kidney infection.

I'm glad to say he was rescued by a friend of mine, and has since recovered and become a happy, friendly bunny :D

:love:

I'm in love:love:

I wonder how many people ask for animals to be PTS rather than pay for treatment - and how many vets do it? Ick :(

Gald he was saved, I just can understand people who would PTS something rather than treat it. Unfortunately, in cases like this it is probably better that the vet does PTS, rather than have the animal left to suffer untreated. Mind you for a urine infection, it wouldn't cost that much would it, PTS and disposal can cost a fair bit, I wonder if it was just an excuse.

Gald he was saved, I just can understand people who would PTS something rather than treat it. Unfortunately, in cases like this it is probably better that the vet does PTS, rather than have the animal left to suffer untreated. Mind you for a urine infection, it wouldn't cost that much would it, PTS and disposal can cost a fair bit, I wonder if it was just an excuse.

i think a lot of vets will try and ask the new owners to sign them over to them or to get them signed over to rescues as they hate putting a treatable or healthy animal down. unfortunatly i guess it depends on the vet as legally they have to do as owner wishes :( so hopefully most people will sign the animal over instead.

He really is the sweetest, most friendly bunny I've ever had...and at only about 10 months old he's hopefully got many more years ahead of him now :D

The original owner apparently still has Neville's brother, so I don't think it could've been an excuse to just 'get rid' for other reasons.

It was purely coincidence that my friend just happened to be in the vets at the time...he was literally seconds away from death, and the receptionist literally had to run into the back to save him when she offered to take him and pay for the treatment.

Some people :evil::evil::evil:

What a lucky bunny! I hope he has a wonderful life ahead of him :love:

He's beautiful :)

Unfortunately, with todays current climate a lot of animals are being euthanised because owners can't afford treatment, although with this one, treatment would have been cheaper than euthanisation, however maybe they were worried about an ongoing problem or something.

It's a good job he has been rescued and can go to a loving home :)

He really is the sweetest, most friendly bunny I've ever had...and at only about 10 months old he's hopefully got many more years ahead of him now :D

The original owner apparently still has Neville's brother, so I don't think it could've been an excuse to just 'get rid' for other reasons.

It was purely coincidence that my friend just happened to be in the vets at the time...he was literally seconds away from death, and the receptionist literally had to run into the back to save him when she offered to take him and pay for the treatment.

OMG! Thats amazing. What a fortunate moment in a round about way.

sadly if they dident have the money i can see why :( but they shouldent have tried having him put down hes lovely!

Why not go to the PDSA if they really couldn't pay a private vet? I'm worried about money at the moment because my O/H might loose his job at the end of the month, but I wouldn't have my babies PTS. I would sell my jewellery or something to pay the bills.

What a cute little bunny, but poor Nevile.

Sadly some people think PTS is the only option when they dont have the money to pay vets bills, no matter how small. Just goes to show how much they are loved and that they shouldn't be with the current owner anyway. :evil:

Makes me sick really, what would be the course of action for a child!

Glad this little fellow has fallen into the right hands. :D

What a cute little bunny, but poor Nevile.

Sadly some people think PTS is the only option when they dont have the money to pay vets bills, no matter how small. Just goes to show how much they are loved and that they shouldn't be with the current owner anyway. :evil:

Makes me sick really, what would be the course of action for a child! Glad this little fellow has fallen into the right hands. :D

Thankfully we have the NHS, if we didn't.....:shock:

I would also not have any of my pets pts for a one off vet bill, this is something I cannot understand. Surely this is a part of pet ownership?

If it was some major illness that were to carry on for life making the amimal really unhappy then maybe, but not because of a one off.

I have a cat with a lifetime illness and he goes to the vets every month to have his meds, he is nearly 4 and has had this from being 6 months old. There would be no chance in hell of him getting pts, I have already been there with him lots of times and my attitude is always the same- its only money!

Back