• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hard to believe this is the same bunny, U/D kidneys ok, need wee sample!

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
This gorgeous little fella arrived at the weekend. He is a 5 month old Mini Lop called Austin (named by Steve so was either going to be Drwho or car related!)

Isn't he beautiful :love:

HPIM1282.jpg

HPIM1283.jpg

Until you turn him over :cry:
HPIM1278.jpg

It is actually a lot more red but the flash has made it look lighter.

Poor Austin is incontinent and also passes lots of mucus. Not sure if this is related to his incontinence or not. He drinks an amazing 300ml bottle every 12 hours. He is going to the vets tomorrow for blood tests etc.

Despite his problems he eats well and enjoyed running around the house last night. You just have to be careful where you are standing as he leaves little "jellyfish" of mucus all over the carpet.

I just want to make it clear that I did know about Austins problems before we rehomed him and that the rescue has Panacured him and bathed him regularly but as you can appreciate Austin is a lot of hard work for a busy rescue.

Last edited:
Oh gosh, that looks incredibly sore, the poor little man. I never realised just how skinny bunnies legs are underneath all the fur. :( I agree, he's adorable though. :love::love:

AWW poor bun, he looks like my bridge bun Billy, hes a gorgeous looking bunny.I reallly hope the vet can help him.Keeping fingers and paws crossed.x

Awwwww poor little boy! PLease let us know what the vet says - I hope they can help him, he is gorgeous!

He's a stunner, even with a sore bum.

I am sure that with your care, he'll be much better very soon.

It so saddens me to see how people let their rabbits get to this condition.:cry:

Is he still on the Salazopyrin?

Poor boy :cry:

No he's not had any treatment for the mucus that I know of. This a different bunny to the one you are thinking of. This is Millie's partner, she would have been coming here to if she had pulled through :(
I will be speaking to the vet about salazopyrin tmorrow :)

He's a stunner, even with a sore bum.

I am sure that with your care, he'll be much better very soon.

It so saddens me to see how people let their rabbits get to this condition.:cry:

The rescue did bath him regularly but as you can appreciate it is a lot of work for a very busy rescue :)
I have never seen a bunny get so wet underneth before, you pick him up and it is literally running off him even with him on brand new clean vetbed :(

Poor Austin.

I don't mean to teach you to suck eggs Liz but my arthritc Brody bun got a soggy butt as she couldn't position herself properly to wee. I found using a puppy training pad in the litter tray was the only thing effective in absorbing the wee.

good luck at the Vets.

Liz, I had a bun with incontinence a while back and my vet gave me a tablet that I had to give half to one week and the other the week after. It cured her. I will try and find the thread and get the name of the tab for you:D

Poor wee thing, he looks a lovely boy.
I don't know if it would help in rabbits, but may be worth asking, but incontinence in dogs is treated with either incurin or propalin. Might help.

Ive found it:D it is called Diethlstilbestrol

Thats weird I just googled it and it is a synthetic female sex hormone :shock:

It also says use with caution where there is decreased kidney function. I will certainly mention it to the vets though.:)

hope you get him thru liz im sure he will have all the atention and vet needs that he can have with you xx

Back