• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strange Bunny.

blinkwink

Warren Scout
Another Morning Another Pooey Butt For Me To Try And Clean!

Morning People, Bella (Thumper) is settling in well. Although she seems to poo an awful lot! The Thing is during the night she does these huge plops which dont plop they just get stuck to ones rear end, and I find it all over her back legs and the floor every morning (somealways still hanging out, eww)

She also does normal nesquick looking ones, but she seems to be toileting on the pillow I put in there for her to sit on, I'm not sure is this a good or bad thing as I would rather her do her buisiness in the tray I put inb there for her, but as she was used to living in her own filth this is a step in the right direction?

What do you think I can do to make her use her pretty pink tray? She's a very happy loving bunny so I think she will be very receptive to changes!

molly2.jpg
benjy.jpg
merlin2.jpg
rubybath.jpg
Molly Kitten, Benjamin, Merlin, and beautiful Ruby....My Angels

when i first got my bunny she was the same last week but i took her off veg and just kept her on pellets and hay and that seems to have helped ive made sure i introduce veg slowly so every night she gets a small bit of carrot so far or kale and imjust gon ahave to introdue other things slowly.... and now her poops are fine....:D

I'm not the only one thats had to clean smelly bunn butts then!!! Phew;)

molly2.jpg
benjy.jpg
merlin2.jpg
rubybath.jpg

how old is she?? nah i was unimpressed the first few days bcoz the petshop told me to feed her veg but obviously she hadnt been fed it before so i had to phone them and point this out.... thats what i get for buying from petshop and not rescuing lol

:lol::lol::lol: Nesquik I love the description!

She is probably pooing a lot too as its a new place and she is leaving her scent everywhere at the moment :D

She's four, In my opinion even buying from a petshop is rescuing no bun or piggy wants 2 be on display! With stupid kids shouting and bashing there walls!! You must have ababy then, Bella i bet is huge in comparison:lol:

molly2.jpg
benjy.jpg
merlin2.jpg
rubybath.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: Nesquik I love the description!

She is probably pooing a lot too as its a new place and she is leaving her scent everywhere at the moment :D

I didnt know the scent marked! I'm sure im learning something new everyday on here!! Hopefully Bella will feel at home soon so she can stop dropping (nesquik) poop everywhere then:roll:

molly2.jpg
benjy.jpg
merlin2.jpg
rubybath.jpg

What has Bella been eating? The sticky poos are the ones they're supposed to eat but too much veg or too many pellets/dry mix can make them do too many soft poos. I would limit the amount of pellets she has (if you aren't already) and offer her plenty of hay to eat.

If you've been giving her veg, stop for a while and introduce veg again very slowly once the poo problem has stopped.

yeah shes only 12 weeks lol a wee baby. i dunno if im feeding her to much pellets the book says she should have unlimited amounts but shes eating two bowls a day?? small bowls:shock:

It could be partially because she's had the upheaval and stress of moving homes. Frank used to do those black poos, but luckily he managed not to get them stuck to himself and since he's settled in I haven't found any for a couple of weeks.

Bella has a quite big bowl I think but it is never completely empty , she grazes on hay alot too although she insists on throwing the basket around its kept in first, I'm not going to give her any/much veg for a while now :cry: maybe give `her 1 medium bowl and more hay?

molly2.jpg
benjy.jpg
merlin2.jpg
rubybath.jpg

Awww, don't worry. :) Alfie and Bubbles have a couple of small handfuls of pellets between them (both morning and evening) and they're finished in less than 5 minutes. :lol: They spend the rest of the day trying to act as though they're starving but they're not really and it makes them eat more hay, which should be the main part of a bun's diet. ;)

yeah her bowl is small so dont think im giving her too much maybe just a wee bit lol but shes still growing lol. shes doesnt eat much hay maybe thats why bcoz am feeding her to much pellets lol

I give my bun her pellets in a treat ball once a day which she loves

Thats a good idea, as it stimulates them too! I think I wll try that!

Off to the pet shop :wave:

molly2.jpg
benjy.jpg
merlin2.jpg
rubybath.jpg

Back