• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Not One, But Two Poorly Buns!

capel

Warren Veteran
I've just gone out to feed F,T & B to find Bournville sitting in the downstairs litter tray totally disinterested in his pellets:shock: Normally I'd go down the infacol route first, but as I'm leaving to take Milly to the vet in 15 minites I've decided to take him along as well rather than to trust to luck and find I need to take him later. Sod's law isn't it? The one morning I don't go out to them till after 8am is the morning one decides to be "off". Anyway..vibes for Milly's foot and Bournville in general.

:shock: Oh no! I hope Bournville is okay, Fudge was like that last week I had to go to work and hated leaving him :( I came home early to check on him and he was running round and eating :?

Hope Milly's okay aswell..

Good news and bad news:(. Good news first. Bournville seemed like a very poorly bunny when I lifted him out at the vet. He just sat very still no matter which position I put him in. He was given a gut stimulant and some metacam and when I got him home I put him in the bathroom while I got the litter trays ready as I had visions of all three buns indoors till he was better. Anyway, he was sitting looking very disinterested until I put the hay filled litter tray down. Yep, dived straight in there and started wolfing it down. When he produced some nice poos I put him back out with he others and you'd think there had been nothing wrong at all. Perhaps there wasn;t. It's just that I thought that as I was going with Milly anyway I might save myself a journey later in the day if he hadn't perked up. Now..Milly:(
Not very good news really..the wound has started to produce pus again. So at last(!!) they are going to keep it open and I've to hibiscrub it and then pack it with honey every day. I've to take her back on Friday morning to see how it progresses. She's such a lovely bunny, I just wish I could see some more progess.I'll get Rog to take a pic of it tomorrow night. Unless the bandage comes off this evening I've to leave it alone till then to let everything settle as she had quite an intensive cleaning procedure done this morning.

Good news and bad news:(. Good news first. Bournville seemed like a very poorly bunny when I lifted him out at the vet. He just sat very still no matter which position I put him in. He was given a gut stimulant and some metacam and when I got him home I put him in the bathroom while I got the litter trays ready as I had visions of all three buns indoors till he was better. Anyway, he was sitting looking very disinterested until I put the hay filled litter tray down. Yep, dived straight in there and started wolfing it down. When he produced some nice poos I put him back out with he others and you'd think there had been nothing wrong at all. Perhaps there wasn;t. It's just that I thought that as I was going with Milly anyway I might save myself a journey later in the day if he hadn't perked up. Now..Milly:(
Not very good news really..the wound has started to produce pus again. So at last(!!) they are going to keep it open and I've to hibiscrub it and then pack it with honey every day. I've to take her back on Friday morning to see how it progresses. She's such a lovely bunny, I just wish I could see some more progess.I'll get Rog to take a pic of it tomorrow night. Unless the bandage comes off this evening I've to leave it alone till then to let everything settle as she had quite an intensive cleaning procedure done this morning.

Awwwwww Hilda poor Milly :cry:
I hope so very much that the infection can be gotten under control.

Glad Bournville is OK :)

Im so sorry Hilda.Abscesses are a nightmare to treat.I dont know what you think about asking the vets for the ceporex now as It has better tissue penetration.

I'm glad Bournville is OK, I think he does it so he can get into your bathroom.:lol:

Sending Milly some vibes for her abcess, hope it heals soon.

Bournville's as right as rain, but as you can see from the pic Mill's foot is a mess at the moment. She managed to remove her dressing tonight so I had to redo it and took a pic while I had the chance. It's a bit out of focus(I'm no photographer:roll:) ut at least you can see the extent of it. What annoys me is the fact that the one which had the biggest and worst abcess seems absolutely perfect now whereas the "little" one they found had ended up like this...and it's all so unnecessary:evil: The yellowish patch in the middle is honey!
DSC04666.jpg

Hi Hilda the tissue looks quite healthy around the abscess.Keep going and im sure you will get there in the end.Im thinking of you and Milly

Poor Milly,shes being so brave,amazing what bunnies will go through with abcesses don't you think?

Glad Bournville is ok too!

Ouch, that looks sore. You are doing a fantastic job with her. Sending her some healing vibes.

Glad Bournville is OK.

Back