• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Spike today please *2nd update 7pm*

luvabun

Warren Veteran
Just under a month ago when my trio had their myxi jabs, the Vet noticed that one of Spikes awful back teeth is longer than the rest. (If you fold your index, middle and next finger into your palm but have your little one extended, that's what his teeth look like on one side)
He had lost a few gramms and was down to 1.6kg so I was to fatten him up so he can better cope with the GA. I've managed to get him up to 1.9kg (a good weight for him)and he's going for his dental today... and I'll be a bag of nerves.

He can't have a conscious dental as he has no front teeth to attach the clamp thingy on to.

He gave me a scare just over a week ago as he went off his food (totally not normal and a sure sign that something is wrong). We went to the Vets and it wasn't my regular Vet as it was a Saturday. She looked in his mouth and saw the offending tooth was touching the roof of his mouth but hadn't broken the skin. A shot of metaclopromide and he was back to normal and when I spoke to my usual Vet, his digestive trouble was probably unrelated and we needed to make sure his tummys working perfectly before the dental can be done.

Todays the day, so tons of vibes please.

Last edited:
:wave: Morning Jane. I'm just waiting for a bit of daylight so I can fetch him in for his brekkers as he has to have some seperately from his buddies.

Thanks guys... I've got the dental hygienist myself at 11 for a deep clean (after my gum work) but am more worried about my fluffmeister.

I just happened to be at the vets earlier and almost stole Spikums away!

Hope he's a happy camper when he comes home Jill.

H x

Back