• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny and dog bond?

Chook

Young Bun
I have brought Kimi inside in preparation for her spay and put her in a dog crate which is pretty massive. She has her carrier (which she uses as a bed) and litter tray etc.

I have left her to her own devices, and my 2 dogs don't seem too bothered about the imposition. I just looked in the dining room (where Kimi is) and my lurcher Disney has moved her bed right next to the front of the cage and is sound asleep. Kimi has fallen asleep stretched out right next to her. They are so close it's unbelievable actually touching between the bars.

Whilst watching this good old Kimi blew it and nibbled Disney's ear, I was expecting fall out but alas placid little Dis just looked up, frowned, then went back to sleep. :D

Think I've discovered a new but unusual bond! ;)

Maybe I should get the tortoise involved too :D

Brill :D sounds good - what breed is your doggie? Sounds very placid (my bf wants a dog when we move out, we're interested in golden retrievers).

The one who's getting up close and persona, Disney,l is a Lurcher x Weimeraner, a very loving doggy, but extremely destructive when left alone.

My other, Gomez, is an Alaskan Malamute, hasn't got 2 brain cells to rub together but very cute.

Don't think you can go wrong with a retriever. After having many different animals all my life I can honestly say if you can handle a bunny thena dog will be no problem lol:D

Back