• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tarquin just got squashed

Becca6

Mama Doe
Bella has just done a flying leap into the underbed storage box they have filled with hay. Not sure if she didn't realise he was in it, but it's a very deep box, and she completely squished T :shock:

She's now happily munching away without a care in the world, while he had to scramble to get out from underneath her :shock: He's done a happy flop next to me so I think he's OK.

In fact he's now just gone and jumped in beside her and both are munching away.

Gave me a bit of a fright, and the look on T's face when he finally emerged from under her was priceless :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was the fact she completely covered him, and then his little head popped out like a baby chick that cracked me up :lol: :lol: He looked so surprised and he'd got a piece of oat hay stuck in his mouth and he just sat there with it sticking out.

aww bless them ..unfortunatly i have noticed dora hops over arthur using him as a spring board somedays but he always seems happy then does the same the other way round! think sometimes buns just dont think!! x

becca did your Houdini bunny escape today?????

Yes!!!! :shock: She was sat in my bedroom all innocent looking when I got home.

All I can think is that she is somehow wriggling and squeezing through a tiny gap in the netting - there certainly isn't any other way out - the pen gate was definitely shut and closed properly, and nothing else was open. I don't know how I'm going to stop her. I think she's so determined to get out that she will probably chew her way out. I've no idea what to do to stop her. Little madam :roll:

Any more strops from Madam Pearl?

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: omg shes really clever :shock:

pearl being an angel :)

could you try a sheet instead of netting maybe? i use little bulldog clips with our netting.... maybe more clips might help keep the little madam in

not laffin honestly :lol::lol::lol:

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: omg shes really clever :shock:

pearl being an angel :)

could you try a sheet instead of netting maybe? i use little bulldog clips with our netting.... maybe more clips might help keep the little madam in

not laffin honestly :lol::lol::lol:

I'm finding it very amusing - until the day I come home and she's weed all over the bed or destroyed something mega and then it won't be so funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think now she knows she can do it she'll keep at it until she can get out. I could try a sheet tomorrow - that might work. Long term I'm going to have to try and think something up really clever to stop her. I was thinking I could use one of the sections of pen I have round the bed to stop them getting under it, over the top of the pen so it's more rigid, but then if I don't secure it I can see her just knocking it until it moves :shock: :shock: I feel most sorry for poor little T - he's too little to get out that way and ends up in their massive cage/pen all on his own poor little man :lol: while she's off gallivanting round the house, and I'm sure he can hear her racing round having fun and wondering why he can't join her :lol:

I'm finding it very amusing - until the day I come home and she's weed all over the bed or destroyed something mega and then it won't be so funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think now she knows she can do it she'll keep at it until she can get out. I could try a sheet tomorrow - that might work. Long term I'm going to have to try and think something up really clever to stop her. I was thinking I could use one of the sections of pen I have round the bed to stop them getting under it, over the top of the pen so it's more rigid, but then if I don't secure it I can see her just knocking it until it moves :shock: :shock: I feel most sorry for poor little T - he's too little to get out that way and ends up in their massive cage/pen all on his own poor little man :lol: while she's off gallivanting round the house, and I'm sure he can hear her racing round having fun and wondering why he can't join her :lol:

awwww poor little soul, or hes releived he can eat his hay without being squished :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

awwww poor little soul, or hes releived he can eat his hay without being squished :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah there is that :lol: :lol: He is a wee bit henpecked so maybe he's enjoying the time to scoff by himself :lol: :lol: They normally spend most of the day snuggled up together and it's that bit I feel sorry for him missing out on.

shes very norty :lol::lol::lol:

i cant wait to hear if she manages the great escape tomorrow.. she could get famous for it :D

shes very norty :lol::lol::lol:

i cant wait to hear if she manages the great escape tomorrow.. she could get famous for it :D

Well, if she manages tomorrow then I'm not sure what I'll do. As long as she's not destroying anything I don't mind too much, but I worry a little about her being in the house while I'm not there and the cat being there. Ollie is great round the bunnies and has lived round them all his life and never done anything to them, but Bella doesn't half harrass him and usually he knows that he's got the house to himself during the day however much she nudges and dive bombs him in the evenings :shock: :roll: I'd hate him to lash out one day because Bell wouldn't leave him alone - she can be a pain :roll: I can't risk T being out during the day as I think there's more of a risk as he is so tiny (though it has happened once when I didn't shut the pen gate properly and both got out and then the gate shut behind them so they were both out together all day in the house with Ol).

if your feeling flush you can buy pens with metal tops if your other plan dont work...:D id never relax if i thought these pair were lose in the house :shock::shock:

if your feeling flush you can buy pens with metal tops if your other plan dont work...:D id never relax if i thought these pair were lose in the house :shock::shock:

Hmmm - might have to do that - I have discovered that on one side of the stairs, not only is the wallpaper missing, but the plaster too :shock: Not sure if the little tinkers have pulled the wallpaper off and it's pulled the plaster off, or if they've pulled the plaster off as well.

Will go and look at the price of pens with a metal top on Zooplus - that's where I've got their other pens from. I got £220 for being in hospital last month so I may have to spend a bit of that on a pen for them - it's worth it for peace of mind.

I can imagine Alvin having as fun a time as Bell if he got loose during the day :lol: :lol:

Back