• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lino..

Most homestores do it, I'd try Homebase, B&Q etc, not sure how much this would cost, I got my lino from a friend for free :D

I'd ask at an independent flooring place as they may be happy to give you some offcuts. If not, they should be able to let you have some cheaply. I tried it at a few stores but quite a number of the larger stores won't even think about it.

I have managed to get some at a car boot, and from Freecycle.

We've had two lots of self adhesive lino squares for the boot fair too, last lot was about 5sq metres for 50p! Interesting colour though - sort of blue metallic to look like industrial rubber with big dots on it! Hope the buns don't mind being so funky.:lol:

I got mine from a little corner carpet shop. I think it was about £10 for a huge roll of it:love:
Jack x

Allied Carpets usually have some really cheap..it's normally an awful design but the buns don't care..if you go in ask a salesman for the cheapest cos they sometimes hide it:D

our local carpet shop and carpet right would only sell me it at going price....£25 and id have to get it home!! i found the size on ebay for £17.99 with £12 postage but toopricey i need to do it asap but i cant find bargains like you guys:(

im trying to do both floors on thistle hall hutch..:shock:

Years ago I got an offcut from Carpetright for a tenner and that did quite a few sheds at the rescue as well as my own 2 hutches. That particular piece of lino was in the skip as it was marked and unsaleable (the assistant volunteered that bit when I told her what it was for).

I wasn't so lucky this time and have just paid £14 for 1 metre x 2 metres which is going in the new hutch....couldn't wait for a bargain to appear :oops:

Ive been looking for lino for ages, tried freecycle etc and ive ended up paying £35 for an 8x6 piece for Ronnies shed :shock: :roll: Hubby wasnt too pleased but... :oops:

our local carpet shop and carpet right would only sell me it at going price....£25 and id have to get it home!! i found the size on ebay for £17.99 with £12 postage but toopricey i need to do it asap but i cant find bargains like you guys:(

im trying to do both floors on thistle hall hutch..:shock:

Ive been having the same problem. They showed me roll ends which were expensive and couldnt carry them anyway. I asked for off cut scraps they would just throw away, they wanted £30, £30 for something they were going to bin anyway!!

Back