• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad New - Sally Gets Divorced Yet Again

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
For those of you who have been following 'this week in Twickenham from this weekend just gone, I am sad to have to tell you that I have just had to intervene and split Sally and Bramley.

There have been two scurmishes today but the last one has just gone off and it's wasn't looking very healthy.

Both buns were laying down together (they were closely confined in a dog crate) and all of a sudden for no reason, Sally decided to go for Bramley. So it's all just history repeating as this is what has happened with her last three marriages.

I can't risk Bramley (or Sally) getting injured so we have decided to call it a day. Sally was badly injured by Percy last time and the time before that with Edison. In both cases, they were defending themselves. We just can't risk it going that way again. This is not your normal pecking order 'fighting', but is fast and furious on her part.

We have felt for some time that Sally was not your normal bunny and we both now think that we should let her have her single life. She seems very content in her own company, and although she has shown lots of good signs this time with much mutual head washing and laying down, there is no explanation for her odd behavior. We have now concluded that there may even be a health issue - she had a large cancer removed about a year ago.

So we are sad that Sally has no husbun and Bramley won't be joining our family.

Thank you for trying again Janice. Your efforts are always much appreciated.

Hopefully someone will snap up Bramley - he is truly an adorable little man, with perfect manners and is very gentle, not to mention handsome. http://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/animals.asp?i=1772

Helen

Awww Helen I'm so sorry Sally's 3rd marriage didn't work out :cry: Hoping she will settle down soon to life as a single bun & that Bramley will soon find himself a new little wifelet x

Thanks everyone. I am so disappointed. Poor wee Bramley doesn't know where Sally has gone. She has gone back to her original accommodation whilst he stays in our dog crate indoors until I can set him up a hutch in the morning. Then we'll have to see if he goes back up to ARC or if we foster him here until a new home comes up. He sooooo deserves the very best (as all bunnies do) but he is a truly special wee man.:cry:

Awww, I'm so sorry it didn't work out for them both. :( Bramley looks such a sweetie and I really hope he won't be waiting long.

Poor little Bramley, hes such a lovely little bun, Id love to have had him but Im looking for a girl. Are you sure hes not a hermaphradite? :lol:

I am so sorry I know how heartbreaking it is when bonds fall apart but you tried everything for her and maybe she just wants to be alone - at least she has her mommy :love:

Oh no, so sorry to hear that Sally is proving to be the Zsa Zsa of the bunny world :cry: At least you (and Janice) know that you have tried your best and she will still have lots of company and a great life from now on :)

Aw Helen, I'm sorry :( Was really hoping it would work out for them.

Thanks Caroline. Me too. And, it all looked great with lots of the right signals but then she just freaked again.

Even Ivan the vet now thinks that it's time to leave it and let her live alone. We'll be making plans to make her life a bit more interactive with us now though.

Back