• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bracken (wildie...warning cute )

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
2008_1006septandhols0004.jpg

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

2008_1006septandhols0005.jpg

she was in my big covered run there ... but she didnt like it ... i think there was just too much space for her .. :?

Gosh she has grown! She certainly looks bigger than Juno does....how old do you reckon she is now?

I've had a few people mention their wildies tend to grow slower and stay smaller when domesticated and that seems to be the way J is going.

Gosh she has grown! She certainly looks bigger than Juno does....how old do you reckon she is now?

I've had a few people mention their wildies tend to grow slower and stay smaller when domesticated and that seems to be the way J is going.

our sweetpea is about 3 years now and shes still a scrawny little scrap compared to the ones you see running free.don't know why because she seems happy and eats plenty.

She's gorgeous! :love:

Scamp grew in bursts. Started off very slowly, then had a burst, slowed down a bit again and then another sudden burst. He didn't drop plums until 8 months or so so I think in general wild buns are slower developing which make sense considering lots of domestic rabbits would have been originally bred to grow fast and big.

Does anyone know what the average weight for a wild wild bun is?

Try creating tunnels eg leaning boxes along the the side or peg a sheet along the edge (inside) and pull it out at the bottom to create a lean to tunnel. Lots of bolt holes make them more confident :)

our sweetpea is about 3 years now and shes still a scrawny little scrap compared to the ones you see running free.don't know why because she seems happy and eats plenty.

J is the same, she never stops eating and rattles the cage if her bowl is empty and we dare to not fill it up. What madam wants madam gets! :lol: At the moment anyway, once she is grown she'll be on rations like everybun else is.

Hows the other wildie doing?

J is the same, she never stops eating and rattles the cage if her bowl is empty and we dare to not fill it up. What madam wants madam gets! :lol: At the moment anyway, once she is grown she'll be on rations like everybun else is.

honeybun is at mine:) shes a little more nervous than braken. trusts me and my daughter but very wary of anyone else. theres something about wild bunnies that facinates me. i can watch them for hours.

honeybun is at mine:) shes a little more nervous than braken. trusts me and my daughter but very wary of anyone else. theres something about wild bunnies that facinates me. i can watch them for hours.

Ditto, with J I find it's her immense level of trust thats truely captivating....even more so that it is just shared with me, she bolts from Phil as soon as she see's him. It's also fascinating to watch how she has adapted to having three legs and how her other front leg has improved to cope with the added strain.

I am looking forward to being able to evenually bond her with a real friend though....teddy is getting a bit battered!

Bracken does that..:shock: she rattles the cage so bad that her water leaks :shock:

Honeybun is doing well too ...she is bigger than Bracken ..

Bracken has grown a fair bit ...but still diddy .

Awwwwww!!! She's beautiful :love:

When we had Mouse, our baby wildie, he had a big plastic pipe/tube thingy he loved to play in. We also had to keep his straw fluffed right up as he burrowed underneath it and made his own tunnels. Such a clever little bunny. I'd be so impressed if one of my 6 did that. They're sooooo lazy.

I miss Mouse :(

Bracken does that..:shock: she rattles the cage so bad that her water leaks :shock:

Honeybun is doing well too ...she is bigger than Bracken ..

Bracken has grown a fair bit ...but still diddy .

Alas I failed to teach Juno to drink from a bottle, she still has a diddy bowl so she dosn't end up swimming in it! I had a 5" one out for her when she arrived not expecting her to be so small....she could have laid in it easily.

I feel bad about the rattling though, it's obvious she hates to be confined no matter how large the area. :(

Ditto, with J I find it's her immense level of trust thats truely captivating....even more so that it is just shared with me, she bolts from Phil as soon as she see's him. It's also fascinating to watch how she has adapted to having three legs and how her other front leg has improved to cope with the added strain.

I am looking forward to being able to evenually bond her with a real friend though....teddy is getting a bit battered!

poor teddy. sweetpea lives with my house bunny scamp and although she was spayed over a year ago she still chases him arround trying to hump his head:oops:. poor scamp, i don't think he knows what shes trying to do, he never seems to have had those urges bless him. shes polluting his mind:lol:

Back