• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Went to feed the piggies tonight and....

Becca

Wise Old Thumper
there was a little mouse there waiting to be fed:shock::shock:The piggies were not bothered at all.Will it hurt them??
I will get OH to have a look at the weekend and see if he knows where it is coming in.My piggies are in a playhouse with an attached run.

The thing is with mice is that if you can fit a biro pen through a hole a mouse can fit in so you'll proberly struggle to make it mouse proof.......Mice go wheres theres food so they are probly always around outdoor bunnies and piggies its just that when they see us they useually run so we dont see them.

It was so funny the little mouse was just sat there waiting like the piggies for their food:lol::lol::lol:

It was so funny the little mouse was just sat there waiting like the piggies for their food:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

vmf_best-smiliescom_animal066.gif
They're not daft are they - they always know how to find food
vmf_best-smiliescom_animal066.gif

I had to clean out my food cupboard last week (or rather my brother did it for me) and had to throw everything out except things like tins of soup and mackerel - they had got into everything that they could do, and had made a nest at the bottom of the cupboard :shock: No sign of them since, and until the cat brings another one in :roll: hopefully the lack of food will stop them taking over my cupboard again :roll: :lol:

Beware, mice rarely come alone. I got overrun in my shed because I thought 'awww' at the first one and I ended up with tons of them as they bred under the shed and then migrated into the house - I got tough and started catching and/or killing them, in one day I killed 40 mice in one room. And in the end I rehomed my guineapigs as it got too much for me. Now I have a phobia of mice, I hate hate hate them!!! Mice can carry disease I believe that can affect rabbits, but I've not heard of anything they can pass to guineapigs. But my advice to you would be to put a trap down, humane if you prefer (I found adult mice didn't go in the humane traps, but babies did). But you need to take action now before they take up residence for the winter with their families in tow.

Beware, mice rarely come alone. I got overrun in my shed because I thought 'awww' at the first one and I ended up with tons of them as they bred under the shed and then migrated into the house - I got tough and started catching and/or killing them, in one day I killed 40 mice in one room. And in the end I rehomed my guineapigs as it got too much for me. Now I have a phobia of mice, I hate hate hate them!!! Mice can carry disease I believe that can affect rabbits, but I've not heard of anything they can pass to guineapigs. But my advice to you would be to put a trap down, humane if you prefer (I found adult mice didn't go in the humane traps, but babies did). But you need to take action now before they take up residence for the winter with their families in tow.
We shall definately be taking a look at the weekend where he got in and hopefully blocking it.My cats bring live mice in and i have humane traps under my washer and dishwasher:D

Back