• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Prince had a lucky escape!!

toffee

Mama Doe
Prince is a very lucky little rabbit!

I got home from work on Friday and couldn't find him anywhere. Eventually found him huddled behind the fridge looking very frightened indeed. I managed to pull him out, but when I looked saw that he had completely gutted the power cable!! There was just a length of white plastic casing with no wire inside!! How he survived that, I have no idea!!

Anyway, by chance we were going to the vet with Melanie for her jabs so I took Prince along. The vet checked his mouth and said luckily he'd not done any damage. The vet said he'd seen cats that had chewed power cables and blown a hole in the roof of their mouth so Prince was very lucky to escape without injury.

So Saturday morning was spent changing the power cable to the fridge. I've made a barrier out of metal office storage cubes so he can't get behind again. On saturday morning Rik went to stroke Prince and his fur stood on end like a pompom!! He must have given himself quite a nasty shock. It's just lucky that the fuse must have blown straight away.

Such a lucky escape. I wouldn't have been able to forgive myself if it had injured him or worse. I honestly thought that the gap behind the fridge was much too small for him to fit behind. I won't make that mistake again!

I had a bun that did the same thing - completely wrecked our fridge but surprisingly didn't hurt himself...apart from a lot of singed fur and whiskers. They don't learn though, as next time he came back in - he tried to get behind the fridge again :roll:

Glad your Prince is OK!

Back