• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anybody been refused panacur???

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
Tried to buy some 10% panacur online but the company rang me up to say that they couldn't supply it for rabbits. :shock:

I'd filled out a form to say what animals I had (not what animal/s the product was intended for)...so presumably if I'd had a cat or dog, they would have sold it to me? :? :roll:

Next time I buy some online I'll either use a company which doesn't ask what animals I have, or claim to have a dog...I mean, how stupid is that? :roll:

I nearly got refused yesterday in Pets at Home, but I think that was because he couldn't quite believe the sheer volume of buns I had, but if its of any use to you, you can get it at Pets At Home.

I don't really want to pay Pets at Home prices. I think there's a chemist nearby that does animal medicines so I might try there.

Good luck :) We did buy it online before too, and they didn't have a problem. Hopefully you will find someone co-operative, lol.

Tried to buy some 10% panacur online but the company rang me up to say that they couldn't supply it for rabbits. :shock:

I'd filled out a form to say what animals I had (not what animal/s the product was intended for)...so presumably if I'd had a cat or dog, they would have sold it to me? :? :roll:

Next time I buy some online I'll either use a company which doesn't ask what animals I have, or claim to have a dog...I mean, how stupid is that? :roll:

Using the liquid is off license for rabbits which is why they wouldn't sell it to you. Only a vet can make that decision.

i bought mine off the site hugo's there said vet uk very quick free shipping adn only £13 for enough to do all 3 of my buns! :)

I buy the liquid online & just say that I have a dog. It is true that they cannot supply it for rabbits.

Same here - just say it's for a dog. They're right not to supply it for rabbits but it is annoying though isn't it?

Can I ask please what would be best for me to use as I have 6 bunnies and 2 of them are weighing in at 3.67kg and 3.65kg.I have used the panacur rabbit (5mg I think that the sizes) but have not used the liquid as it says it for cats and dogs.Is this safe for rabbits. Sorry for jumping in on your thread Amy.

The 10% Panacur is perfectly safe for rabbits.
You'd use 0.2ml per 1 kilo of body weight for the nine days, so each of your rabbits would have a 0.7ml dose for nine consecutive days.

I do 8-10 rabbits on about half a £13 bottle:D

vets uk for me too lil bit slow on the delivery though i found but otherwise the cheapest so cant have it all i suppose

I know, but they never asked what animal it was for, if I'd happened to have a cat or dog, they would have sold it to me! :shock:

Exactly.....as you said earlier had you said you had a cat or a dog they would have sold it, but as you didn't put that down that's why they wouldn't. Sometimes you have to play it a bit canny lol

Back