• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So who...?

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I have noticed a lot of bunny guardian angels on here, doing things for rescue buns, or having rescues, or fostering or whatever, so I just wondered how many of you did things like that, and what do you do?

I volunteer for the RSPCA. I do the home visits for anyone wanting to adopt a bun, I have written an adoption pack that any potential adopter gets, I foster buns for them too (needy in whatever way) and am also training up other people so that they have knowledge of buns too.

I know that's not very much compared to what others do, but it's better than nothing.

So do you do something for rescues? What do you do?

I've fostered for BARC & Honeybunny's before. I've been a failed fosterer for both too:oops::lol: I've done bunruns for them & a couple of other Rescues, & a couple of sponsored things.

I've been to the odd fundraising meet thing (that someone else orgaised!) for Honeybunny's & won pretty much all the raffle prizes:lol:

I volunteer for Hull Animal Wefare Trust, in South Cave. I don't do it as much as id like to but i love it.

I foster for Honeybunnies Rescue.

I sometimes homecheck potential adopters in the Nottinghamshire area on behalf of any rescue who posts in the Transport and homecheck section on here.

I also try to adopt 'hard to home' buns if I'm looking for a new addition.

Would like to do more, but I work full-time :(

I run my own business from home and we sponsor a few buns each year. I also do some fundraising and am just about to get my first couple of Foster buns from the Rescue in my sig! I am very excited and have spent ages getting a hutch and run just right for them.

I would like to do more but unfortunately I just don't have the resources. :(

i have helped out doing bunny and g.pig runs for people.hav done homechecks i have also donated hay to a rescue when i visited and a lage bag of carrots!. i have been a bit of a sucker and taken in needy free-ad buns which are my own personal rescues which had intention of rehoming.... the first 2 snowy and dora ended up staying as my own permenant buns then after we lost snowy we took in a neglected male called arthur to bond with dora(they are very happy now) and after that i "rescued" stitch who is currently my "foster" bun as i am trying to rehome him. i have had buns here temerarily while transporting them too. i guess its not much but i try and help all i can.(nb the free ad buns i have "rescued" and also stitch(pah adoption but special needs) i have paid out for vaccs and neuters and recently bought pannacur as well as paying for food etc) i would love to foster more and help more buns in fact would love my own rescue but i dont have the money or space for so many hence i try to help where i can... and the resces "close" to me are a minimum of 40 mins drive so it is hard to do too much that way.

hi

I made a web page all about buns and help promote the 2 charities where mine came from (local vets are advising people to look at it) I adopt a bun and horse, I send unwanted gifts to rescues to be sold. I recently wrote a story and sold it at work to raise money for rescues now in process of publishing it to raise awareness. I save money each month and send it at xmas to rescues aswell as donations to rspca.
I havent really got time to take on more animals but I do what I can to help support.

Back