• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why has Lola started sleeping in her litter tray?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks!

Over the past few days Lola has started sleeping in ehr litter tray and its something I dont want her to do.

She has hay and some vet bed but prefers the stinky litter tray!

Any advice?

Thank you!

Hi folks!

Over the past few days Lola has started sleeping in ehr litter tray and its something I dont want her to do.

She has hay and some vet bed but prefers the stinky litter tray!

Any advice?

Thank you!

Buns will sleep whereever they are comfy unfortunatly, its not something you can control.

Stinky little madam!
Choice between fluffy vet bed and smelly pooey litter tray!

Lola = trollop! :lol:

When I first had Sweetpea she would always sleep in her litter tray...I think she felt safe there. When she was bonded with the other two she stopped it, sometimes she still sleeps there but not often.

I wouldn't worry, as long as she has something to absorb the wee. litter or news paper and a nice bed of hay on top I reckon she'll be pretty comfy :lol:

i've never seen my buns sleeping so i don't know where they sleep. hope she doesn't get covered in peepeee. ewww.

One of mine does this so I gave her an extra litter tray, new so it doesnt smell of her and she now sleeps in the new one (I do find the odd stray poo in there) and toilets in the old one! She has constant access to either the hutch or run, her litter trays are in the run and she only ever uses her hutch to eat in. Never to toilet in or sleep!

I've just come home and found Alfie and Bubbles snuggled up top to tail in their litter tray too. Mind you, Bubbles isn't using the litter tray much at the moment so it's probably cleaner than the rest of the hutch. :oops::lol:

You mean like this?? :lol::lol:

DSC00002.jpg

DSC01691.jpg

You mean like this?? :lol::lol:

DSC00002.jpg

DSC01691.jpg

that is exactly how dora and arthur sleep..they now use one litter tray the corner one as a toilet and the one like yours to sleep in...bless them they look like they are in roasting tins but are very cute all the same xx

Awwwwww look at that face!!!!

I did get Lola a bad - ie washing up bowl and put loads of lovely hay in it but she started pooing in that!

She sleeps in the funniest places - she loves to sleep on the marble hearth of the fire place and always has to sleep with something touching her back.

Back