• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you put in your buns treat ball??

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks!

Lola loves her treat ball, it keeps her busy when I am busy. I put ehr pellets in there but add a few surprises for her, she loves Rice Krispies and Bran Flakes so I add a few of them in and also some sun flower seeds and small pieces of banana chips but only in small amounts.

Just wopndered what others put in theirs! :D

I only use it for thier tea, i would never feed mine any cereals other than porridge if needed due to the sugar content.

i also put chopped apple in it for a treat every week.

I do use porridge oats - are the Bran Flakes and Rice Krispies a bad idea then?

Gulp - I will get it right one day! :shock:

Porridge oats are ok alsong as thy are well watered to stop em swelling in the stomach.

Its all down to personal preference with cereals, but they aren't mean for thier consumption due to the high sugar content.

xx

Its not down to getting it right, Just because someone else doesnt do what you do doesnt mean its wrong :D They might not be the perfect food for a bun, but there are tons of stuff worse for them, and quite possibly that will include treats especially manufactured for rabbits! Dont worry about getting it right, you are doing :love: X

Its mind boggling this bunny malarky aint it! :shock: At first I did give Lola little treats like a wee bit of banana and the odd grape but now really try to stick to her hay, pellets and good greens like rocket and watercress. She does have a sweet tooth though and can sniff out sweet stuff a mile away.

I think its trial and error - but sometimes I feel like folks will be ringing Bunny Social Services about me as I keep on getting it wrong! :oops::D

Its mind boggling this bunny malarky aint it! :shock: At first I did give Lola little treats like a wee bit of banana and the odd grape but now really try to stick to her hay, pellets and good greens like rocket and watercress. She does have a sweet tooth though and can sniff out sweet stuff a mile away.

I think its trial and error - but sometimes I feel like folks will be ringing Bunny Social Services about me as I keep on getting it wrong! :oops::D

dont be daft those of us who have kept bunnys for years..myself included (i have had buns for bout 15years....) are still learnig before joining ru i hadnt even heard of ec..and i always thought i was bunny savvy!!! still its better to be on here and learnign no one will take away buns as long as they are helathy and happy and not kept creully yours are obviously well loved and hapy so i wouldnt worry to mouch! x

I look at the bunny treats in the pet shop and read the ingredients and they are full of crapola - so try to find healthier ones - I know buns dont need treats - but when their little face is watching you eat grapes - you cant help but share just a little bit! :love:

Sorry didn't mean for you to think i was saying you were doing wrong, i wasn't at all hun x

I look at the bunny treats in the pet shop and read the ingredients and they are full of crapola - so try to find healthier ones - I know buns dont need treats - but when their little face is watching you eat grapes - you cant help but share just a little bit! :love:

same i eat apples or pears sometimes.. and the litte face of wheres mine?!!! means they get a little piece too!! lol i have to learn not to give in when scoff all their dreid and look at me like thats it? okk hay it is.... lol x

Zaphod used to nip at luna when the food went in a bowl so I started to use a ball and lo the nipping stopped. I some times mix a few herbs in there too though.

Mine have their pellets in their treat balls, but I've never found anything else small enough or suitable to put in:?.

On the cereal front, mine all have a mini shredded wheat at bed time (one of my checks to make sure they're still eating OK :oops:) as they are 100% wheat with no sugar/salt etc.

Its mind boggling this bunny malarky aint it! :shock: ...

:lol::lol:
I thought I was the only one! I am pretty sure I am doing the right stuff most of the time but then I come across something that says the complete opposite to what I thought and get very confused!

The amount you worry about doing the right thing, I am sure you are!!

Emma

Mine have their pellets in their treat balls, but I've never found anything else small enough or suitable to put in:?.

On the cereal front, mine all have a mini shredded wheat at bed time (one of my checks to make sure they're still eating OK :oops:) as they are 100% wheat with no sugar/salt etc.

Thats a good idea! I shall swap to them!

Steff had some Lucky Charms cereal the other day and Lola was intrigued by them and we had to keep on pushing her away! She is a sugar fiend!

Back