• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help please with scratching hutch

sary

New Kit
Ive reached the very end of my tether and so have my neighbours :oops::(

Every night at 4am my rabbit-spayed female scratches and chews at the hutch. She does this for 3 hours solid and has started doing it throughout the day im told.

We have just had to buy a brand new hutch as she ate through the last one:shock:.

They have toys galore, access to the garden-although every time they now go in it the head straight to the fence and dig underneath! I just dont know what im doing wrong suddenly?

It seems they are constantly trying to escape and ive now had 3 months continous broken sleep and I cant cope any more :( Either I stop this or she has to be rehomed-neigbours complaining to my landlord. :(

My spayed male doesnt do this at all-infact he has no teeth due to eating hs way through the wire and bending his teeth so badly they had to be removed:shock: and he seems very content and cuddly its just her. And they are completely a package and if i get rid of her he will have to go with her.

Any help please im desperate.

Sarah x

perhaps you can put something like carpet down in the hutch so it doesn't make much noise? If they are chewing the wood put some metal cornering on the edges which you can get from B&Q / Wickes

Thanks I will give that a try-the only prob she does it in different spots-she doesn't eat in corners she eats everywhere-she has now eaten the batten holding the ladder up so thats collapsed and shes eating the sides of the walls and has almost eaten the door frame and they have only had this hutch 2 weeks :cry: and its a nice size for them
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1293169&l=8ea30&id=674736528

They are both 3.5 yrs old and Ive never had this problem before.

Back