• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fur, fur, and more fur.

PrincessPeaches24

Warren Scout
sorry if this is in the wrong spot, i know we are supposed to put questions in the care section, but i didnt know where to put a grooming/moult question.

anyways, our 3 fabulous mini (holland) lops are all moulting like crazy! its cold out, so we cant take them outside to brush. There is SO much hair in the house that you can hardly breathe when you come into the bunny room. Im brushing them like crazy (which they dont like in the least) and feeding them tons of hay to try to make sure they dont get a blockage from all the hair.
This is insane, any tips, im begging you!!

If they are in a room with central heating is there any way you can turn it right down or off? Bunny's are much better with the cold than the heat and it might be that turning on the heating has caused the excessive moult. If there is no heating then I don't really know what could be causing it.:?

as an additional preventative towards blockages if you are worried then give fresh pinapple juice there is an enzyme in it that helps clear blockages but it must be fresh and you mustnt give too much xx

Sophie had an awful moult recently, lasted for ages and it was horrible!

The hay experts also sell some papaya tablets which are fab - or dried pineapple/papaya is good too :D

Back