• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions please

louandjoe

Alpha Buck
We had a bonded group of 6 that used to be housebuns but were moved out to a summer house with large run attached during earlier on in the year as they were on a mission to destroy my house :lol:

Anyway, we lost Millie late summer :( which upset the balance of the group a touch as she was a big character, not dominant but she seemed to keep everyone in line. Since Millie has gone, Mylo has been chasing Mouse quite a bit, Mouse was probably closest to Millie as although they weren't related, she acted a bit like a mum to him as he's the littlest.

Now Bella hasn't been great over the last few weeks and has been moved indoors to monitor her as she's a bit underweight, it's left 3 boys and 1 girl in the summer house and the boys are chasing and fur pulling more than before.

I want to keep Bella inside so I can keep a proper eye on her until her weight is better, but am I just being silly doing this? She's been inside now for over a week and I'd be concerned about putting her outside due to the change in temperature.

The other option is to bond another female into the group in the summerhouse to bring us back to 3 boys and 2 girls. Opinions please, I don't know what's the best thing to do!

oh dear this sounds a tricky one. i am not sure what is best but i hope someone more expeirianced with grouops can come along and make suggestions.. maybe a car ride to re settle them? im not sure good luck xx

That's a sticky one. Have you thought about bringing mouse in to keep Bella company? If she's out of the group for too long you might have to rebond her back into the group.

That's a sticky one. Have you thought about bringing mouse in to keep Bella company? If she's out of the group for too long you might have to rebond her back into the group.

I think if it was me I'd do the same... bring mouse in as he is getting bullied, and hopefully him and bella will get on well together, and keep each other company helping Bella to feel better and maybe making her eat better. But then I think I would also bond in another female outside so you have 2 males and 2 females to keep the balance (and stop the males having anything to fight over) then when Bella is ready you can bond her and mouse back into the group and then it wont matter if you don't do this until next summer, as hopefully no-one will be lonely or fighting.

Back