• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

excessive moulting u/d bald patch but norml skin HELP

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Alyssa is moulting really bad, like so much that she has just guardhairs in places and its literally coming out in clumps, is this normal?

we are at the vets tomorrow for her myxi x

Last edited:
Gregory has just started his - nothing like as bad as his summer one though - he doesn't look to have much fur to moult to be honest!

Just been brushing her and she has a litle bald patch where there are no guard hairs, and nothing underdeat, i use a grooming mitt. is this normal.

Hummm....i dont know huni!
Three of my lot have been moulting a fair while now, its gone from top to bottom, just finishing off there bums now...

I dont think its anything to worry about, maybe just show the Vets tomorrow and ask them to have a look.

x

is this normal? she has a big circle of hair that has come out on her back extending from about 1inch from her bun to an inch below her neck.

alvin is just starting again.... im gonna have to start plucking him again soon :(

ive never seen a bald patch when hes moulted before tho hun, maybe if she was an outside rabbit before shes just losing the outside coat

its perfectly pink, not patchy/dark sore or inflamed, not is it flaking.

I wonder if shes losing her outdoor coat.

hmm. im just worried.

when you say pluck, what do u mean don?

Is there any chance she could have mites? When Munch had mites he had a bald patch where the fur just came out in one big clump.. but it could just be a big moult for her?

I wouldn't worry yet if she's fine and the skin is normal and as you are at the vets tomo I'm sure the vet will be able to tell you.. :)

its perfectly pink, not patchy/dark sore or inflamed, not is it flaking.

I wonder if shes losing her outdoor coat.

hmm. im just worried.

when you say pluck, what do u mean don?

he has tufts of hair just sitting there telling me to pull them out... i get loads out on a good plucking session... obviously he isnt keen on it :lol::lol:

when he next has a tuft ill take a pic for you :D

When Munch had mites it started with just a few bald patches and one big bald patch on his back.. by his shoulders. The skin looked normal for a but I think it got irritated quite quickly & we took him to the vet because he either scratched it himself or scratched it on something and got a nasty cut. but even then apart from the cut the skin looked normal (well as I'd have expected it to look as it was normally covered in fluff!)
:)

i shall see. will they be able to tell straight away if its mites?

its just funny ive only noticed in moult.

Aww bless her... It probably is just a big moult for her!! :)

The baldy patches just reminded me of munch's mites incident! hehe

Well our vet said it was mites but wanted to send off lab samples etc - we just said if he did think it was mites we would trust him & asked him to treat it.. no need for expensive lab tests etc. And it cleared up after that :)

:)

Back