• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

4 Weeks til I get Twombly - what do I need to get ready?

Woo hoo - this time in 4 weeks I should have Twombly (from Fatfluffs) here with us! I'm so excited!

Never had 2 bunnies before and want to be as prepared as possible, first for bonding them and second for them both living here!

So far I have bought a bigger carrier, and arranged to borrow my Mum and Dad's dog crate for a week so I can bond them in the bathroom/hallway.

What else do I need to consider?

Is there anything I need to get an extra one of, or will they share?

They will share :D That's what a bunny couple do :) Make sure your litter tray is big enough for them both to sit in comfortably, otherwise get a second so they can be side by side. I always make sure the bowls are big enough for two to get their head into at the same time too - less likely to be a flashpoint and cause a fight!

Are you bringing Gregory with you to Birmingham to be introduced to Twombly?

Yep! We're looking forward to the trip down! And it's all down to your suggestion , so thank you!

Should I bring him down in his little carrier then put them both in the bigger one together, or just bring him in the bigger one?

I'd bring him in his little one cos he'll fell more secure in that for the journey. And then they can go into the new, neutral carrier together :) When are you coming? If I can drive by then I may have to pop over and meet you and Gregory! x

Have put that in my diary ... all I need now is good news about my ankle so that I can drive.

You're such a lucky bunny mummy cos she's a GORGEOUS girl :) x

ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sooooooooooooooooooooo exciting :love::love::love::love:

they will share everything hun :D:D

you may need a bigger bowl than the small rabbit ones you can buy cus they both need to get thier heads in for an equal share of food ;)

ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sooooooooooooooooooooo exciting :love::love::love::love:

they will share everything hun :D:D

you may need a bigger bowl than the small rabbit ones you can buy cus they both need to get thier heads in for an equal share of food ;)

Well I'm going to hope scatter feeding will mean the both get enough - Gregory is like a hoover - just won't hoover up the :censored: hay!
Did you bond yours at home Donna? What did you use to neutralise if you did? I know vinegar, but does that permanently make your house stink if it's inside?

Well I'm going to hope scatter feeding will mean the both get enough - Gregory is like a hoover - just won't hoover up the :censored: hay!
Did you bond yours at home Donna? What did you use to neutralise if you did? I know vinegar, but does that permanently make your house stink if it's inside?

nononnononoon they stayed at the rescue until they were in luuuurrrrvvvveeeee

sooz advised me to frebreez (sp) all the carpets and stuff before they came home and i sprayed disinfectant on the crate and just cleaned the litter tray... but alvin was so besotted with pearl i didnt need to neautralize at all really :lol::lol:

pearl is a hoover... alvin has learned to eat faster and it must be working cus hes a fat podger today :roll:

i used to put white vinegar on the walls to try and stop the paper chewing, house only smells like a chippie till it dries :lol::lol:

Definitely!

I want to make sure it goes as smoothly as possible! I'm so excited! So are the children at school! At least one person a day asks if I have her yet!

nononnononoon they stayed at the rescue until they were in luuuurrrrvvvveeeee

sooz advised me to frebreez (sp) all the carpets and stuff before they came home and i sprayed disinfectant on the crate and just cleaned the litter tray... but alvin was so besotted with pearl i didnt need to neautralize at all really :lol::lol:

pearl is a hoover... alvin has learned to eat faster and it must be working cus hes a fat podger today :roll:

i used to put white vinegar on the walls to try and stop the paper chewing, house only smells like a chippie till it dries :lol::lol:

Thank you! Think I can cope with a chippie smell for a short while - might give me an excuse to have chippie chips!

Didn't think about the chewing - had forgotten what it's like to have a chewing bunny since Gregory's had his teeth troubles! Guess Twombly may well chew - will start bunny proofing asap!

Gregory is having his teeth out in a few weeks so no worried there!

awwwwww so sweet... its great having a pair... i luv it soo much.

if your bonding yourself i was advised that if they scrap to pop em in the carrier until they remeber they are in love... poor Lou (doorkeeper) kept them longer than she usually would cus alvin isnt an easy bun to bond after the first bonding attempt with jubilee failed , she wanted to make sure it was true love first :lol::lol:

Thank you! Think I can cope with a chippie smell for a short while - might give me an excuse to have chippie chips!

Didn't think about the chewing - had forgotten what it's like to have a chewing bunny since Gregory's had his teeth troubles! Guess Twombly may well chew - will start bunny proofing asap!

Gregory is having his teeth out in a few weeks so no worried there!

they seem to be less destructive when they got each other, alvin did teach pearl how tasty the wallpaper is tho.. oh and shes a nightmare digger in the litter trays hay everywhere :roll:, i think digging is a girl bun thing cus alvin never has shown any interest in digging

Cool thanks - I have a new carrier big enough for 2 - how cute!

I would love them to be as loved up as Alvin and Pearl! No webcam for us though as my house is always so messy!

I need to get insurance sorted too - they won't add Twombly to the existing policy as she is a different breed - how weird! (plus they prob hate me for claiming £400 after having the policy for 4 months!)

hehe for the first two months i was on egde they would fight and id have to give pearl back...i love her soooo much :love::love:

they do have the odd little spat, usually started over food (pearl is soooooo greedy) pearl humps alvins head which he then finishes by chasing her thro the house.. i dunno how they manage not to bump into stuff :lol::lol::lol::lol:

they make up nice and fast tho :love: i have to leave the light on so they dont get too frisky :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back