• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Im dreading tomorrow

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Taking Alyssa to the vets for her myxi, but she is so unhandleable.

:shock:

will i look strange if i take a towel to wrap her in?

dafty

No you would look like you know your bunny! Vets have towels out back also so dont worry. But if you havent had her to vets before youll prob find shes your new best friend and run to you to save her!

The vet used to think I was mad when I said I couldn't handle Molly easily at home, cos in the consulting room she was always as good as gold! It's the same with Sienna now - she's a little angel when the vet is near!

If you feel more confident taking a towel with you then do that. I'd also take her favourite treat with you so that she can have something nice afterwards :) Good luck!

awh you will be fine :)
Pebble was soo unhandleable when i took her for her first ever myxi jab. But the vet just picked her up and she was fine. :shock: She didnt pick her up to give her the jab anyway, the only rason she was picked up cause her nails needed trimming! xx

her nails don't need doing yet thank god, i think im going to explain and ask if a nurse can assist as ive just had my tatt done and can't risk her scratching it

Aww she'll be fine hun, I always find they're so good when they're at the vets anyway. Sophie's a complete nightmare though & always launches herself at the vet :oops:

Its true what everybody else says, the vets are used to it.
I help out at the vets and people often say "she/he's a nightmare to handle", however it must be the shock of the journey but they are usually as good as gold, but we know they are probably a handful at home. My vets now believe mewhen I say somebody is a problem. In fact they sedated Sorrell on the floor because I told them she was a jumper, the vet nurses were less sure until I told them Kizzy would bite and she got the nurse- they listen now too.:)
So don't worry, and if you'd rather handle her than a nurse, say so.

moo is skittish at the vets but fine around me, however she hates strangers. we've not had alyssa long and tbh im frightened of her right now, but i am slowly getting there. even if she does cover me in hair in the process.

i just don't like to stress her, as she makes funny noises and shes now good and gets into the carry case so i can bring her down, thus erradicating the need to have her carried

i shan't sleep well this evening.

wot i will do tho, is have her down alot tonight and tomorrow so that she is with us instead of the pen in our bedroom

Its true what everybody else says, the vets are used to it.
I help out at the vets and people often say "she/he's a nightmare to handle", however it must be the shock of the journey but they are usually as good as gold, but we know they are probably a handful at home. My vets now believe mewhen I say somebody is a problem. In fact they sedated Sorrell on the floor because I told them she was a jumper, the vet nurses were less sure until I told them Kizzy would bite and she got the nurse- they listen now too.:)
So don't worry, and if you'd rather handle her than a nurse, say so.

do u think they'll mind if i ask a nurse to sort her out?

with bailey they have to when they do his nails as he kisses me when he sees me and trys to burrow into my necl

Well, certainly at our practice, that's what they are there for. I often hold animals for injections etc, because the owners don't like to watch. Just say you need a nurse to hold her, and let us know how you get on.:D

Well, certainly at our practice, that's what they are there for. I often hold animals for injections etc, because the owners don't like to watch. Just say you need a nurse to hold her, and let us know how you get on.:D

thanks hun, im ok with casper and marsha, casp just gets dazed and confuzed ha

thankyou! my mind is at ease x

Back