• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Emergency supplies

Clairabow

Warren Scout
My babies are being spayed on 17th oct and i was wondering what supplies i should have to hand just in case. I am buying a dog crate for them and was wondering where i can get some of the soft ped bed people use on here.

how strange! i was just gona make a thread like this! my girl is getting spayed on the 27th. and ws gonna ask the same things! :lol: x

hi

You dont really need anything! Just keep buns warm and keep them in what ever they would be in naturally if you change stuff you will upset them more and confuse them they will want to be in there home when they get back and prob just sleep it off. Next day they will be bouncing around as though nowts happened, although try not to let them and keep eye that they dont try and nibble each others stitches.
Pet bed ebay if you can get it quick or p@h

oh and

keep them fed watered you dont stop feeding buns like would with other animals. Prob not be hungry when get back though!

I got some vet bed (actually profleece) from ebay and it came in 2 days so if you buy it now, it should be here in time - I found it really useful as Gregory stopped using his litter tray and the vet bed soaked it up - only to a certain extent though, I did have to wash it every day!

erm

Im not too sure I would use what ever you would usually. We had our gal done when we got her she had been done 2 days before aswell as had tummy tuck etc so she was ok. Boy was jumping around like looney next day of being done, although we tried to stop him. Dont let run upstairs for couple of days or jump as you dont want stitches to burst. If wood shavings seem bit rough then shredded paper stuff but buns are quite hardy little creatures and as long as they can smell there territory then theyll be ok. It wouldnt be very nice to have op then return to find your home has been changed and isnt your home anymore if you get what i mean.

i do see what you mean however their hutch is outside and is two stories and is separated by a ramp. I thought i would get a dog cage so i can keep em in conservatory so they are warmer and do not have the temptation of running up the ramp. do you think this will be ok???? i suppose i can put them in cage for a few nights before their op so they are used to it.

i do see what you mean however their hutch is outside and is two stories and is separated by a ramp. I thought i would get a dog cage so i can keep em in conservatory so they are warmer and do not have the temptation of running up the ramp. do you think this will be ok???? i suppose i can put them in cage for a few nights before their op so they are used to it.

Im hopeing to do that. Will have to see what mum says though x

have a look on zooplus they are half the price of p@h the one i have seen is only £35 and its canny big you will have to keep me posted on how your rabbit gets on and of anything you think is useful to have at hand

have a look on zooplus they are half the price of p@h the one i have seen is only £35 and its canny big you will have to keep me posted on how your rabbit gets on and of anything you think is useful to have at hand

ooh do you have the link? xx
I will let you know how she gets on :)
She is booked in for the 27th x

Back