• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally Got Thumper Home!

blinkwink

Warren Scout
Hiya everyone, I finally got thumper home although her hutch isn't quite finished oh is out in rain trying to get it finished off for her, she's spent most of the time in my cat box but is venturing out now and hopping round the kitchen, I've shut the door so it is quiet for her, but shes absolutly lovely and i am so glad to have her out of that horrid place! She'll never have fly strike again!! HURRAH! anyway I'm going to try add some photo's now!

IMG]http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq294/blinkwinkheyhey/Picturescam600.jpg[/IMG]

She's so sweet but I think prehaps a little overweight! :love: :love: :love:

Picturescam601.jpg

Awwww what a darling bun bun!!!!

Thank you so much for giving her a home - what a lovely kind lady you are x

Aww, bless her. She's lovely. I'm sure she'll lose those extra pounds now she'll have lots of space to run around and the proper diet. :love:

Btw, there was a bracket missing off the code of that first photo - that's why it didn't show up ;) but here it is:

Picturescam600.jpg

Oooooh she's beautiful :love::love: Well done for rescuing her :D Your poor hubby outside in this weather!

HUBBY HA! I don't think so pets are for life men are for odd jobs!!! lol jokes but not married I've had he's child yet he still hasn't proposed":?

Thanks karen for sorting that photo out and once he has finished her hutch I will post photo! He was supposed to finish it yest but he slept until 2 whilst I was guinea sitting 5 miles away - soo lazy!

Can't wait to get her out stretching her little bunny legs (which aren't so little) do you think she look obese? :lol:

HUBBY HA! I don't think so pets are for life men are for odd jobs!!!

Oops sorry :lol::lol:

It's difficult to tell from the pics, she doesn't look huuuugely obese, bit on the 'cuddly' side maybe, and she has a pretty big dewlap (fold of fur under her chin) - which is to be expected in an unspayed doe. No wonder the poor thing got flystrike, if she was in a small dirty hutch she probably couldn't bend round and keep herself properly clean :cry:

She looks very pleased with herself - bright eyed and upright ears - I'm sure she knows that life is going to be good from now on :D

It's not a guaranteed method of telling, but if a doe has been spayed young, she usually doesn't develop one. It is possible that she has been spayed later on in life and already had the dewlap at that point. Otherwise it's not really possible to tell - some vets say they can feel scarring where the stitching would have been, but more often than not the only way to tell for sure is to do an ultrasound. As a general assumption, only the more 'enlightened' owners tend to get their bunnies spayed so more often than not in these sorts of circumstances I'd assume not...

Do you know which vets she went to - if you ask her for her surname (and you know the address, obviously!) you can get your vet to ask her vet for the notes to be transferred. Even if you don't know her surname they might be able to do it just off the bun's name and address. That way your vet will have her whole medical history on file which is useful to them - including whether she has had her spayed. Unless of course you use the same vet and it should be a doddle :lol:

She's lovely! :love: I'm so happy you've got her home. Look forward to more photos when she's all settled in to her new hutch!

I think she is settling in nicely although she hasn't met my feline family yet, but they should be fine they have always been friendly unless you resemble a rat or a mouse, but Bella bless her I think will fit in really nicely,

The lady i got her fromsaid she was going to try to find out so we will see, I was surprised to her Bella (Thumper) does have her vacs!!!

Ohhhh - she's just gorgeous! Congratulations on rescuing her. I particularly like her fu man chu moustache. :lol:

ohh very pretty. she looks in good nick to be fair ! which is good. hopefully she will easily burn off the extra pounds once on a good diet and lots of space good she has vaccs already but do get the vet to confirm that as people sadly can lie and chceck when they are due(Remember myxi vaccs only lasts 6months...vhd year) well done once again for the rescue she looks a darling xx

Back