• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr Rudy and Mrs Tinkerbell Roo are BONDED!!

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
I'm so excited, I can't tell you. (There's a part of me fearing they won't get on but that only a less than 1% doubt at the moment)

Tinks moved indoors into the same room as Rudy a few weeks ago and they are really amicable... but I'm still too much of a wuss to attempt the bonding myself :roll:

She has come on loads seeing big soft Rudy insisting on cuddles and nose rubs... she still isn't so keen on a fuss herself but will tolerate it quite well.

I shall be very busy neutralising/reorganising their home while they are away, I'm hoping to get even more NIC grids so I can make a really lovely palace for them :love::love::love:

PICT2930.jpg

"Tinky Winky Roo"

PICT2887.jpg

"Rudy Roo"

whoop whoop sooo excited :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Yayayayayayyaya ooooooooo it's not so long... and they already had a sneaky bond on their own so you have NOTHING to fear :D

Oooh, sending lots of "be friends" vibes to the pair of them. :lol: Tinks looks a lot like Bubbles in that photo. :love::love:

Well, I dropped them off. They were put in pens outdoors to start with just for a short while. Tinks did a lot of dashing around exploring and looking ready to take on the world.... Rudy ('soft boy') went into the little hide away and stayed there :oops:

I'll be getting an update phone call to let me know how it's going but it could be Friday before they come home depending on how settled they are, may be Wednesday if it goes really well. Plenty of time to get their home sorted then. It's going to be so strange not having Rudy hanging round my feet all day :(

I managed to get 4 packs of NIC grids too :D

Good luck. I'm sure they will be ok - Tinkerbell's sister Phoebe's match up with Rucksby was the easiest one I have done because she is so laid back. It will be wonderful for you when they are back home. Still waiting to get my pictures sorted out.

How's it going without the soon to be Mr and Mrs Roo around?

I've just walked through my office without Rudy coming at me fast and nearly tripping me up :lol::lol: He usually hangs round me with a hopeful look in his eyes and Tinks comes out like a steam train when she thinks he's nearly won me over :roll:

Rudy usually dashes over to me if I move a few inches in the evening so it's really strange not having him around asking for noserubs and cuddles. 'supose he'll be getting all that off his Mrs now :shock:

Good luck. I'm sure they will be ok - Tinkerbell's sister Phoebe's match up with Rucksby was the easiest one I have done because she is so laid back. It will be wonderful for you when they are back home. Still waiting to get my pictures sorted out.

Thank you! Tinkerbell and Rudy will be an interesting (and I think good) combination as she is very confident generally and he is confident around me, where she is less people-confident.

I've just walked through my office without Rudy coming at me fast and nearly tripping me up :lol::lol: He usually hangs round me with a hopeful look in his eyes and Tinks comes out like a steam train when she thinks he's nearly won me over :roll:

Rudy usually dashes over to me if I move a few inches in the evening so it's really strange not having him around asking for noserubs and cuddles. 'supose he'll be getting all that off his Mrs now :shock:

You're his mummy He'll still want them from you - you have the food ;) :lol:

I wouldn't be able to cope :oops: :lol: I'd probably have gone to visit too :oops: (i visted it Ivy like twice a day, and rang every day too :oops::oops:) I', soooo proud of your restraint :D

I wouldn't be able to cope :oops: :lol: I'd probably have gone to visit too :oops: (i visted it Ivy like twice a day, and rang every day too :oops::oops:) I', soooo proud of your restraint :D

It's just 'cos I trust Sonya, simple as that. They know FAR more about bunnies than I do so my bunnies are quite safe.

Plus, I bunged the money up-front so I know they will be treated like royalty :oops::lol::lol:

Didn't you fancy having a go? It's a wondeful job to do. I love it! At first I am a nervous wreck but then as they make progress it it amazing. I work in a bank for money but my real job is the rabbits! Hope they are home soon.

I've never had bonded rabbits before otherwise I think I would have tried myself. I did originally intend to but just chickened out, plus finding a neutral space away from other bunnies where I could monitor them etc, I think I was making too much of it to be honest. Tinks also had an early history of fighting with other bunnies, which was almost certainly defensive, she isn't keen on fuss so I just wasn't confident enough. Then of course as I'm on the 'waiting list' for 2 weeks a few days before the official bonding Tink escaped from her enclose and visited Rudy whilst I was out :shock: (I didn't see them, my mum found them and separated them, just in case). There were no injuries and no clumps of fur so I suspect it all went well anyway:oops:

update

They are doing okay - may be getting them back tomorrow but definitely Friday if not :D

The were spending a lot of time at opposite ends and if one went to over the other ran away, Rudy was scared of her (that doesn't surprise me). She also seemed quite wary but is obviously the more confident of the two. They are just getting to the spending time near each other stage without being scared of each other, bless.

When they were outside in their runs, on concrete (I think about 3ft high) Tinks escaped and was found in a patch of grass and dandelions - is Auntie Kirsty surprised at that ???? :lol::lol::lol:

Back