• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guess the weight of the Cake - in aid of Tameside Rabbit and Guinea Pig Rescue

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Guess the weight of the Cake

The aim of the competition is to guess the weight of the cake. Weights to be given in pounds and ounces, please. In the event of no one guessing the actual weight of the cake the person closest to it will win.

Prize for the competition will be the cake itself. It will be a traditional Christmas fruit cake, which will not be fed (no brandy in it cake after baking), iced or decorated in any other way. It will be posted at my own expense.

Entries are 1 pound.

Guesses are to be sent to me, and payment directly to Elaine (please pm for her addy)

Competition is to end on the Saturday the First of November at 9am,cake to be posted on Monday the third of November. Ready for the winner to icing and decorate.

Edit: i apologise to those who have entered, but due to a lack of response I am keeping this open for another week, so closes on the 9th, posted on the 10th

Last edited:
Ok Pic of its journey

S5000968.jpg

as batter, without fruit etc

S5000969.jpg

with fruit, ready to go into the greased baking case

S5000970.jpg

In the case

S5000971.jpg

In the oven (with greaseproof paper on the top so it doesn't burn)

I will post another one when it is cooked and put something next to it for scale

Last edited:
S5000977.jpg

S5000976.jpg

completely cooked and smells delicious! all wrapped up and beginning to mature.

Entries are 1 pound.

Guesses are to be sent to tamesiderabbitandguineapigrescue@yahoo.com along with rr id
Payment is to be send directly to Elaine (elaine.padley@btinternet.com).

Competition is to end on the Saturday the First of Novemberat 9am,cake to be posted on Monday the Second of November. Ready for the winner to icing and decorate.

winner gets the cake

Last edited:
can people if entering please contact me re sending money as I am no longer using paypal and it will need to be sent to my home address for the rescue I will let anyone know when i have received this

I have absolutely no doubt my guesses will make no sense but here goes! 4 pounds 8 number, 5 pounds 3 ounces! Let me know your address and will send money! :-D

i thought that if you send money as a 'gift' (under personal) then there are no fees to pay? not recieved any myself this way, but I've been sending all of mine as 'gifts' recently...

I have absolutely no doubt my guesses will make no sense but here goes! 4 pounds 8 number, 5 pounds 3 ounces! Let me know your address and will send money! :-D

Beth I have PM'ed you Elaine's address, she will confirm on here when she has recieved it.

I'm amazed!! It's a gorgeous looking cake (and a very deserving cause of course). Come on all!! Have a go!!!!!

Last edited:
this finishes tomorrow, Please support Elaine and the buns, final chance to enter, and very good odds at teh minute too

I would like to thank the people that entered the comp.

HurricanHoney is the winner, with her guess of 3lb.

The cake was 2lb and 4oz

Back