• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Panacur question

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
is the panacur liquid 2.5% single use like the tubes?

its just i have a bottle which is half full as i only had 2 rabs last time...

xxx

It should say what the shelf life of the product is on the label, it looks like a cylinder with the top open and that is the number in months after it is open that you should throw it away.

I think the reason the paste tubes are single use is because there is no way of cleaning the tube whereas the liquid you can use a different syringe each time (or can clean the syringe properly)

I only use 10% which is 0.2ml per kg

I assume you can use it up to it's use by date. I haven't found any info on the bottle thats suggests otherwise.

It's really quiet on here this afternoon isn't it

Sounds about right, it's 0.2ml/kg of the 10% and that's 4* stronger so you'd need 4 times less.

I would think it's ok if it's been stored properly, it's a puppy/kitten wormer after all so it must be designed for multiple uses. I'd just check for an expiry date on the bottle and see if it says on the bottle that it must be disposed of after a certain amount of time after opening.

Edit: just looked at the datasheet and it talks about its use being from time to time http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/Int...ll_Animal_10_ACU-_Oral_Suspension/-29773.html and also on the 'packaging' page it says it's multi-dose, so it must be ok to re-use as long as it's within the overall use-by date.

Last edited:
Alison and Liz... you are my heroes. I just couldn't figure out. I just phoned my next door neighbour (lazy i know) as she works at the rescue alongside me and she said its ok... thats what they do.

i shall start worming them all tomorrow.

Argh. dreading alyssa.

Back