• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Flopsy

capel

Warren Veteran
This 6 month old girlie is going to be put on RR shortly. I was contacted last week by a lady who'd read an article I wrote months ago for our village mag. Same old, same old.... Her son and d-i-law had bought their children a rabbit, but they've lost interest. It was going to be advertised locally but Dianne(that's the lady's name..I know her) said that wasn't a good idea, quoted some stuff I'd written, and said she'd take the bun and see if I could rehome her. The rabbit is lovely, and the hutch she's in is adequate.. about 5x3x2 but There's no space for a run so she's only able to let her out for a quick hop round the garden(paved with flower beds, and very small) when she's there to watch her. The bun is 6 months old, friendly but neither spayed nor vaccinated.Leanne and I realised afterwards that we should have wieghed her, but we reckon she's probably about 6lbs and judging from her face she's got a bit of french lop in her.
DSC00262.jpg

DSC00263.jpg

She is being well looked after. The only thing we advised her to do differently in the interim is to use megazorb instead of sawdust. She actually bought a sack from me too.

I know, the thing is that the lady who took her on did so only because she hated the thought of her going to a random home, so she hopes I can help rehome her, as she can't have her there permanently. Flopsy is now on RR, but I don't hold up much hope given the time of year etc, and there's no way I can take her on, and certainly can't afford another bunster...no matter how beautiful she is!:lol:

Bumping up this little girl. I'd love to see her rehomed before the winter sets in. Mods, can this be moved to RIN?

That is great news. Well done, is it anyone we know?
NO, but she's from Chester and saw her on the Rabbit rehome site as she was specifically looking for a rescue bun. Her mum's got bunnies too!! I've told her about the forum so hopefully she'll join.

Back