• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Syringe Feeding Please!!

bunbuns

Warren Veteran
Hi, i am really not getting on well trying to syringe feed Meg:(

It's not that i can't keep hold of her, i can't get the recovery mix out of the syringe. Am i doing something wrong?? I have to press really hard to get anything out and when it does come out it comes out so fast it goes everywhere.

I worried i'm not getting enough down her.

I tried to answer this before but I'm not sure what recovery mix is, but can you dilute it down with water?

That stuff Is a nightmare.Is meg eating for herself yet?I would do what Sky-O advises and water It down a bit more

Yeah i have watered it down more but i'm sure that most of it is coming straight back out of her mouth.

She ate a bit of carrot tops earlier and i have seen her picking at hay. She is till not herself tho.

Can you try persuading her with a bunny buffet?

Also, I have found with most of mine that if I wave a leafy green in front of their face a lot they will get annoyed and go to move it with their teeth but then think 'oh, this tastes good' and eat it.

What things have you tried to tempt her with?

Basil, dandelions, spinach, apple, carrots and broccoli. I've been out and bought different types of hay to try and tempt her too.

How about putting a little dob at a time on your finger and gently slipping in it in her mouth. It can be a bit messy and time consuming, but has worked for me in the past. :)

You could try snipping the end of the syringe down a bit, so there's just enough to poke in the side of her mouth but not such a long thin bit to have to force it along. What size syringe are you using?

Back