• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor Cage

Clairabow

Warren Scout
My bunnies are being spayed on 17th October and as they are currently in an outdoor two storey hutch with ramp and also because of the cold weather i was thinking of keepig them inside for a week. I have been looking at indoor rabbit cages but they look small (although i have two very small nethie dwarfs i do want them to have lots of room). I have seen a dog transporter cage which i thought would be better and wondered if you think this would be big enough Sizes: L 87 x W 59 x H 65 cm. They will have free run of conservatory and garden also when i am in the house but will this be ok for them to live in during winter???????

If you are just keeping them inside for the week after they have been spayed a small cage will be fine as it is a big op and the bunnies will need plenty of cage rest afterwards or they can do themselves damage. I certainly wouldn't give them free range time during the first week.

If they are staying in all winter then a dog crate would be ideal, the bigger the better. The biggest are 48" long and are quite cheap on ebay :)

Hope that helps

We've bought three dog crates from Ebay using seller shoppingforpetsuk
Great service and product - would definintely recommend :)
Hope the spay goes well x

I would not bring them in and then put them back out because of the difference in temperature. I dont think that would be good for them.

I'd say the size is dependant on how long you want to keep them in it and if you'll be letting them out for long runs? You can get some really good dog crates but also the Nero 4 from PAH is quite good, especially if you take out the house, so they have a good length of cage to stretch their legs in. It depends how much you want to spend! :)

Back