• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ivermectin??? Fur Mites!

**leanne**

Warren Scout
Took my rabbits to the vets and it turns out 2 of them have fur mites. The vet told me to buy Ivermectin off the internet as its cheaper (and I need to treat all of them) but only from a uk site. I've googled it and found some online but is it totally safe as I've read about rabbits having reactions to it but these are the ones with ear mites too. Mine haven't got ear mites so is it safe to use and has anyone else used it? Also will the 0.8% bottle be enough to treat 4 of them as it looks like my frenchie will need 6 drops alone.

I've used i guinea pigs, and it was fine. Brought off internet, unsure how much to use on rabbits. Sure someone will be along soon to let you know. :D

i have had ivermetican off vets and have used it safetly in the past with rabbits. but i have had severe problems with xenex please dont use xenex x

nooooo xenex is evil evil:censored:

xeno 450 is a completely diferent product but still drop on;)

its cheaper to get the ivermectin it went further and was the final thing to actually rid bif of her mites!!

Back