• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what arrived on our doorstep...

Netutopia

Alpha Buck
... Nibbles...
tn_nibbles5.jpg

tn_nibbles3.jpg

tn_nibbles2.jpg

He is an 8 month old French Lop. My friend bought him 6 months ago along with a long haired guinea pig, Max, for her 7 and 8 year old sons :roll: (Despite me advising against it) :evil: She was supposed to be coming over for a chat about animals and bringing the boys to look at our animals, anyway to cut a long story short, she didn't and I had a phone call to say, we have bought some animals can you come over and give us some advice :roll: Here they are as babies:

tn_nibbles.jpg

tn_max.jpg

Anyway, I managed to get her NOT to keep them together :shock: and advised her about food, hay, jabs, neutering...

Anyway after a couple of weeks she decided that Max was too much like hard work needing to be brushed and cut so he came to live with us.

And this week I had a phone call to say that she wanted to find a home for Nibbles :( She said that the boys couldn't pick him up and had lost interest :roll:

He has not had jabs or been neutered yet and is currently in a 6 x 2 hutch (which you can see from the photo is WAY too small - he is a HUGE boy!) with no attached run. I said that we would take him for her and no sooner said then he was here on Wednesday this week.

He is adorable, no trouble to pick up or fuss, very affectionate and loving being allowed to go in a nice big run!

He is going to be neutered on Monday (vibes please!) and have his myxi jab when he goes back for his checkup. Then I am going to try and bond him with Thumper, who currently has a big shed and run all to himself! :)

Please wish me luck for the next few weeks!

Awww Nibble is absolutely gorgeous. :love: And huuuuuuge - is that hutch 2ft high as well? He can just about sit up, never mind stand up. :( I hope all goes well, he sounds like his life is going to get so much better now. :D:D

Awww Nibble is absolutely gorgeous. :love: And huuuuuuge - is that hutch 2ft high as well? He can just about sit up, never mind stand up. :( I hope all goes well, he sounds like his life is going to get so much better now. :D:D

The hutch is only 20" high :shock: Poor chap :cry: They bought it from the breeder as she was throwing it out - it is in a right state :shock:

If only they had listened to me :roll:

Never mind I'm not complaining he is luverly :love:

He's so handsome.

Well you tried to prevent this from happening. Thank goodness that she has come to you to help her out of the situation.

All the best for his vets trip and oh yes, more photos please.

Please punch your friend on the nose from me too!:evil::)

Hes gorgeous. He looks so dull and sad. Hopefully, he will start looking happy soon. I have never understand people thinking is fine to keep French lops in hutches. Mine spend half of their life on their back legs upright and they couldn't do in the miniscule hutch they spent their first year in.

The hutch is only 20" high :shock: Poor chap :cry: They bought it from the breeder as she was throwing it out - it is in a right state :shock:

If only they had listened to me :roll:

Never mind I'm not complaining he is luverly :love:

Awww, bless him; you sound like you tried but some people just think they know better. :evil: Alfie's run is 20" high and he only comes about a third of the way up it sitting down, so that gives me a better idea just how big Nibbles must be. :)

Wll done Jo for taking both of them in - I'm sure they will a lot happier with you & your gang. I get really frustrated when friends don't listen to people who are lot more experienced in bunny keeping than them - at least she did the right thing in bringing them to you. Nibbles is a very handsome young man!! :love::love::love:

Vibes please!

Thank you for your replies :)

Nibbles is now at the vets about to have his neuter op :(

I will be so relieved when I can phone this afternoon and then pick him up. I feel so mean but I know that it is for his own good.

Last edited:
Back