• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In total what do you spend on all your pets..

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
With our current suituation we have just worked this out roughly.

In total - £131!!! I think thats amazing!!

This isnt including, spays/neutering, vacs, vets or toys.

Just the monthly things we need for the pets, hay, food, bedding, litter, special treats.

Bare in mind this is counting for 12 rabbits, 5 guinea pigs, a dog, a cat, 4 hamsters, 5 chinchillas, 2 gerbils and 2 fish.

What harm would one more rabbit do?! ;)

xx

ETA not including horsie, as she is shared, so any costs are shared!

Last edited:
nahhh one more wouldn't add much onto that!! hehe Just go for it!! She's only one! (who needs a name!!!) :lol:

I dare not even try to begin to count up what I spend on mine :shock: :lol:

I recon I probably spend more than that a month on ONE rabbit :shock: Im going to start cutting down though as I was only realising y/day how a lot of those costs are pretty un-neccessary :?

nahhh one more wouldn't add much onto that!! hehe Just go for it!! She's only one! (who needs a name!!!) :lol:

I dare not even try to begin to count up what I spend on mine :shock: :lol:

Wondered when you would find this lol!
:lol:
Yes she is nameless, all this is not including little nameless bun.
Just pets so far.

One more wont hurt!!!!! ;)

Wondered when you would find this lol!
:lol:
Yes she is nameless, all this is not including little nameless bun.
Just pets so far.

One more wont hurt!!!!! ;)

Hay I worked it out she will cost you £1 a week..... start savin hun ;) (I've been at asda lookin at all the cloaths i can't afford :lol:

Hay I worked it out she will cost you £1 a week..... start savin hun ;) (I've been at asda lookin at all the cloaths i can't afford :lol:

LOL!
I work at Asda, OH bought me two cardigans (sp) earlier! We get 10% discount...WOWWwwww! lol

I only worked out yesterday that in one day she had completely destroyed £12 worth of toys :shock: There will certainly be more cardboard boxes being brought home from now on :lol:

Really?
Its only my french lop who destroys toys within houses, the rest are pretty good, i cant complain.

Mine love boxes and working at Asda really helps!!!

xx

LOL!
I work at Asda, OH bought me two cardigans (sp) earlier! We get 10% discount...WOWWwwww! lol

NOT FAIR!!!!!! I keep calling to apply for a job there (product demonstraitor - oh yes) but they never answer the phone.....I wonder why :shock: :lol:

Now that 10% you save goes to your new bunny!!! Sorted!

Really?
Its only my french lop who destroys toys within houses, the rest are pretty good, i cant complain.

Mine love boxes and working at Asda really helps!!!

xx

I work in Co-op & am always nicking boxes, even on my days off I'll txt someone to steal one for me :lol: Yea Rhia is a bu**er for willow toys, If I gave her ten in a morning, they'd be gone by night-time! :roll: X

hay, pellets and treats £50 per month
veg £20 per month
insurance £18 per month

a grand total of £88 per month

eta i didnt include ralph or the chippies :oops:

dog food £20 per months
insurance £20 per month

nuts & chippie food £15 per month

vets stuff, wormers & flea treatments not included....

£143 :shock::shock::shock:

Last edited:
Blimey Ive never dared work it out. Going to keep this thread out of sight of my O/H, wouldnt do for them to start wonderfing where all our money really goes :lol:especially as Im hoping to find a perfect nethie or mini lop girl to join our family & become Teddy's wifie

We spend about £60 a month on food, pellets, hay and treats for 5 buns and 2 pigs.

Mine don't bother with toys so have stopped getting them any, other than apple branches from my nans house. ^^^ that's not including insurance and vet bills.

I think this thread should be renamed - Still looking for excuses to keep her as Its Obvious I really really want her :D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I now buy 10Kg of food, which should last 3 months, so £5 a month on food. Buy Dust Free Hay, which also lasts 2-3 months, so £7.50 a month. Insurance £25 a month for 3, can't insure Bailey.

Veg around £25 a month, buy alot of reduced, and its not expensive.

Toys depends, my lot destroy them so cardboard boxes and rolls. Spend about £30 a month.

So £82.50 approx for 4 buns.

Not bad i don't think.

I work in Co-op & am always nicking boxes, even on my days off I'll txt someone to steal one for me :lol: Yea Rhia is a bu**er for willow toys, If I gave her ten in a morning, they'd be gone by night-time! :roll: X

Haha I work for co-op NOTHING IS FREE :roll:

Charlie and Princess (both rabbits were free)

but the stuff needed for them was not

hutch 85pounds, plus another 30 on modifications, eg i increased the height of the run by three inches, I havedone other bits and bats (raised money on ebay selling tesco tokens)

Tarp 5 pounds

run 50pounds (amazonvouchers collected by doing reviews and surveys)

dried food 9.50pounds

veg 5 for a week, *4weeks = 20 pounds

Hay and wood chippings 12pound a fortnight

vets 15 pound for myxi another 15 for VHD next week (Princess was neutered and vaccinated before I would take her) (Vet didn't charge for consult)

Insurance 18pound a month

grand total of 271pound ish since getting Charlie. Not including toys and treats

Looking at that Im so glad Im starting my new job on Monday. Although most of it was set up costs hutch run etc

Back