• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what I found

I am going to pick up my new arrival from them tommorrow

I am getting a new little lad as a husbun for Cookie maybe (eventually)
I am going to be very nervous when bonding them and I think it will be a very slow process. He is no longer advertised there but he is a little sweety, lop lionhead cross (lop ears and tuft on the top of his head). I will post pictures when I get him. :)

I just rang the rescue, and they were like oh don't call her that I don't name them, describe her to me, so I started describing her and she was like oh we don't have her, don't you want any other rabbit, and I said well I don't know what other bunnies you had, I was just looking for a single female bunny on rabbit re-home, and she oh well then goodbye, and hung up, :cry: I almost cried, she sounded so ticked off that I rang asking about a bunny.

I am getting a new little lad as a husbun for Cookie maybe (eventually)
I am going to be very nervous when bonding them and I think it will be a very slow process. He is no longer advertised there but he is a little sweety, lop lionhead cross (lop ears and tuft on the top of his head). I will post pictures when I get him. :)

Awww let me know how it goes... and if you can en quire about this beautiful bunny while you're there I would really appreciate it :love: then let me know or somthing!

I love Sammie, and have looked at her loads. She reminds of a certain other bunny who I think is gorgeous...Fidget (PS. Has Fidget found a home yet?) If only....

I love Sammie, and have looked at her loads. She reminds of a certain other bunny who I think is gorgeous...Fidget (PS. Has Fidget found a home yet?) If only....

Yep Fidget is on reserve YAY! All who's left now are Sooty and Piko!

I just was thinking how lovely her and Benji would be, and I really wanted a bun who would of been in care for a long time! Sometimes I wonder how many of the long listed bunnies are still in care, or just forgotten to be removed.

Kirkby have so many rabbbits you might be better going down there.. One of the ladies on here used to help that rescue out and take the pics of the buns and put them on rabbit rehome I can't remember who it was though Angie?

I'll ask about her

Quite surprised about the response you got because I have not recieved any of that sort of treatment from them :shock:. Maybe she was just having a crisis or something. I'll post something or pm you after I have been. :)

Kirkby have so many rabbbits you might be better going down there.. One of the ladies on here used to help that rescue out and take the pics of the buns and put them on rabbit rehome I can't remember who it was though Angie?

I think it was Mandy :wave:

PS. Fab news for Fidget :D

Quite surprised about the response you got because I have not recieved any of that sort of treatment from them :shock:. Maybe she was just having a crisis or something. I'll post something or pm you after I have been. :)

Thank you :love: hummm I just saw this.... I thought it was bad to keep bunnies and G'pigs together, yet they are re-homing them together?! I hope she was just having a bad day, I know I sometimes get ratty on the phone when I've had a bad day!

Yes, but if you adopt from there you are not allowed to get any females neutered because the lady who runs that rescue doesn't believe in neutering

Surely as a responsible owner though you would be expected to take veterinary advice throughout the bun's life...what if your vet subsequently recommended neutering? Personally I would be hard pushed to go against veterinary advice if that is what I was later told...

Surely as a responsible owner though you would be expected to take veterinary advice throughout the bun's life...what if your vet subsequently recommended neutering? Personally I would be hard pushed to go against veterinary advice if that is what I was later told...

Totally agree, I would take the expert advice of my vet

Kirkby don't neuter feamles as Theo says the lady, Celia, does not agree with it..and probably can't afford it with the numbers she takes in:(
but I don't think she is against new owners getting it done if that's what they wish:?

Yes, but if you adopt from there you are not allowed to get any females neutered because the lady who runs that rescue doesn't believe in neutering

Do you think she gives a free light bulb with every femail she rehomes:shock::shock::lol::lol::lol:

Now I'm confused

quote: Kirkby don't neuter feamles as Theo says the lady, Celia, does not agree with it..and probably can't afford it with the numbers she takes in
but I don't think she is against new owners getting it done if that's what they wish

I am going to pick up scruffy from them tommorrow but it was a lady called Beth that I have been communicating with. Do you think maybe she fosters for them :?

Do you think she gives a free light bulb with every femail she rehomes:shock::shock::lol::lol::lol:

:no:Don't start!!, my sides are still aching from laughter at the last thread!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately there is nobody to regularly update the Kirkby buns (Celia doesn't have an internet connection), so some will remain on RR after they've been adopted. This also means that they will have lots of lovely buns at the rescue which aren't listed on RR.

The longest residents have been there 2 years (although I don't think they are listed).

These are still at Kirkby (they are absolutely stunning :love: ):

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=7749

and this girl is definitely still there:

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=11342

Back